Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so when I get my 07 Commander Hemi one of the first things I will be doing is Exhaust, Intake, Tune, and Maintenance. I have been trying to figure out how I will be doing the exhaust. I would like a true dual setup, keeping the cats. I was planning on cutting the y-pipe right before it merged to 1 pipe and putting in an x-pipe into dual flow master 40's routing the piping the same as OE exiting on the passenger side. I however am having a hard time getting a good image of the clearances above/around the axle as google sucks and I don't have the commander yet to look at it. Will my idea actually work?

·
Premium Member
706 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That shows me everywhere except over the axle where I am worried that it may not fit.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Most dual setup's I have heard of require removal of the spare tire. Also having a tow package makes it tough. Have you tried taking a picture of the area you need?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most dual setup's I have heard of require removal of the spare tire. Also having a tow package makes it tough. Have you tried taking a picture of the area you need?
I don't own the commander yet in a few weeks I will. I am just trying to gauge if dual 2.5" pipes will fit in the same route as the OE exhaust

·
Administrator
6,824 Posts
I don't own the commander yet in a few weeks I will. I am just trying to gauge if dual 2.5" pipes will fit in the same route as the OE exhaust
I suspect these questions will be a lot easier to answer, once you have one sitting in your driveway. :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey guys so when I get my 07 Commander Hemi one of the first things I will be doing is Exhaust, Intake, Tune, and Maintenance. I have been trying to figure out how I will be doing the exhaust. I would like a true dual setup, keeping the cats. I was planning on cutting the y-pipe right before it merged to 1 pipe and putting in an x-pipe into dual flow master 40's routing the piping the same as OE exiting on the passenger side. I however am having a hard time getting a good image of the clearances above/around the axle as google sucks and I don't have the commander yet to look at it. Will my idea actually work?
There is a guy on Instagram that true dual exhausted his xk. His name a.labrat I cant remember if I have seen him on here or not but he is definitely on the FB group. If you have Instagram give his page a follow or shoot him some dm's he loves talking about it. I was talking with him just a week ago about a tranny swap and some other commander stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts