1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow, for $166.00 only too. If I had extra money, I would get these in a heartbeat. Thankswalkjon for finding them. If I were you, get them, and post pics for us to enjoy. =)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I guess I will be the first to try these. I went ahead and ordered a pair. They have some pretty good photos posted of them and they appear to have used the OEM housing and lens and have retrofitted the LED lamps in the reflector portion. My main concern was they were some cheap aftermarket housing that would not stand up to the elements.
When they arrive I will let everyone know how they look. They are plug and play so it will only take a few minutes to install.
Here is another seller with better photos
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=150189866149&rd=1

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It appears they stay stock unless you replace those bulbs with LED.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Those are awesome! I am just wondering how bright they are. The brighter the better. Keep us posted on how they perform!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We should have a special area on this site just for new products. I just happened to stumble accross these this morning on EBay. I think they are brand spanking new to the market as I watch pretty close for new products on there.
Where things get lost are new products from all the suppliers that don't sell on Ebay. I am sure there are other new Commander products out there we just haven't discovered.

·
Registered
455 Posts
That is very true. Or we have to do a better job of posting things we find :)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Would be cool if they did the side marker lights and backup lights in LED too and made the main inserts more of a radial pattern, instead of the waffle pattern.

But very cool that they use the real housings, etc. I am anxious for some of you test them out and see how they work.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my wifes Passat has a radial pattern LED taillight. Kind of looks like a cats butt if you know what I mean. Maybe the waffle pattern will give it a little more of a custom look without being over the top.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
start a thread and call it new finds or something. like the one i did on wallpapers. everyone comes along and posts thier "new finds" whether it be a parts manual like 3jeep did or the tail lights that walkjon posted
find something new....post it on the new finds thread. the new find could be from one of our support vendors or ebay....

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
YOU HAVE THE TOUCH....OOPS... sorry....i never get anything when i do a search....i apologize.....most of the same pictures are there........

well fine...ignore my idea and accept my apologies...

·
Registered
65 Posts
i would like to see the install with one installed to compare the brightness between the two. I have seen some aftermarket LED taillights that are not very bright. I would hate to downgrade on brightness.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got the taillights today. I will try and install this evening or tomorrow. I have yet to post pictures on this site. Whats a quick way of doing it? I am sure many will be interested in seeing what they look like.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I got them in. They look good and you wouldn't know they were not factory other than for the LEDs when lit. Very bright and much better than the standard bulb.
If they came standard on a Commander I believe the factory would of made them the same exact way.
I will post pictures this weekend. If your were thinking about adding them I would highly recommend them.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is a nighttime shot with it snowing. I will take better ones in the day.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts