Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Jeep Commander 5.7L 4WD
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2006 4WD with the 5.7L. I’ve owned it for about 6 months and want to get a few more inches in lift but don’t want to pay $2600 for a 4in super lift kit (that’s just for the kit. No install).

It came with a 2 in spacer lift. I’ve replaced the shocks with ranchos all the way around because the old ones were bad.

What else can I do to add a few inches?

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4.7L V8
264 Posts
Please be careful trying to budget lift. 2 inches is about the only semi reliable budget lift. It's that or superlift as anything else really screws with the geometry of your suspension and drive train. I've learned the hard way. If you want more than 2in find a Superlift (be wary they are discontinued).

·
Registered
2006 Jeep Commander 5.7L 4WD
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please be careful trying to budget lift. 2 inches is about the only semi reliable budget lift. It's that or superlift as anything else really screws with the geometry of your suspension and drive train. I've learned the hard way. If you want more than 2in find a Superlift (be wary they are discontinued).
yeah that’s what I’ve been reading. Anything over 2 inches could be damaging but I was hoping maybe there were some pieces out there that could sort of compare and be safe for the vehicle like a Superlift.
Sad this vehicle doesn’t have much aftermarket support. This is a hell of a machine with the right configuration

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4.7L V8
264 Posts
I think Jeeperf is working on a similar lift to superlift, but it won't be cheaper. Any of that type of stuff gets expensive. It's the way the IFS was designed on these, makes it a headache to modify lol.

·
Administrator
2006 Limited 5.7 HEMI Quadra-Drive II
15,826 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep, discovered 2-2.5" is as good as it gets with these things.

Does anyone know if you can use the UCA's from a WK2 on the Commanders?
So i have a 2007 jeep commander and wanted to kno wat i have to do lift wise and modifacation wise to be able to put 22 ×14 on my jeep commander is it possible and if so what would price ranges be

·
Administrator
2006 Limited 5.7 HEMI Quadra-Drive II
15,826 Posts
@Tucson tech Plesae make an introductory podt in the New Member Section. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts