Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
INTREPER said:
Neither of these will work Moose. If these really did what they claimed, Jeep would have installed these from the get go.
I figured as such. What I don't get is that they are being sold by "legitimate" Ebay sellers and they sell a good number of these items.

How come these sellers don't get reported or investigated for making false claims? I guess I am a tad bit naive...:confused:

·
Registered
204 Posts
mikey said:
This article was int the news today. No wonder instead of promised 15 mpg I get 11.9.
Promised by who? Nobody promised you that you would get 15 MPG, that is a government agency test, granted an unrealistic one but that is the test numbers that the car company is required to post on the window sticker and held accountable for when it comes to CAFE requirements. This is no big secret either, despite what CU says. This gets attention every time gas prices spike, and fades to a dim memory every time gas prices go back down again.

While the tests is unrealistic and in serious need of an update they are the same for every manufacturer so it is a valid tool for comparing fuel economy when you are shopping for a new car. Because of CAFE it isnt that easy to change either, if they went with the test CU used every manufacturer would have to pay huge fines for not hitting the CAFE requirements, and most new cars would have a gas guzzler tax added to the window sticker which right now is about $2,100 on an SRT8 300C. Unless they also change CAFE and nobody is going to lower CAFE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts