Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well since i have been in basic and just now got internet in my room and can start to come on more often i was just curious what has came out new for the XK. I was wondering if there is a winch that does not involve removing the whole front bumper. i also was curious about a snorkle and if any one heard of any new lifts. I also will be getting stationed out of mcConnel AFB in KANSAS AHHHHH so if there is anyone on this site that is out in that area i was thinking maybe when i get there i might be able to meet up and you could show me around. Thank you and hope anyone if not eveyrone can give me a hand.

·
2,248 Posts
OK, First off tell us if the advice we gave you for Basic was any good? Did you have any interesting or unusual experiences getting thru it.

Us old guys have almost forgot what it was like, but of course for most of us it was no "Air Force" basic...lol

By the Way.....Welcome Back

·
Registered
887 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Yes, welcome back.

For a front winch, I went with a front receiver hitch fabbed up by GetLost4x4. You have to take the plastic fascia off the bumper, attach the receiver, cut out approx. 2x2 inch hole in the plastic and put it all back together. Then I can put my portable winch in the front or rear receiver.

There is no snorkle yet but some Ausie's are working on it. There was a post about it back a week or two.

I haven't heard about any new lifts, still the same options around as far as I know.

Best wishes Airman.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welll thank you all and basic was fun I thought they try to intimidate you and all but its whatever I found it fun and ammusing yes it did suck but the hardest part was being away from my family and fiancee that killed me and yet I still am and I'm stuck at Sheppard afb so any one near here should take me for a trail ride lol I leave July 15th to go back to jersey thank you all it was all great advice but I couldn't stay under the radar I'm a cart out spoken person

1 - 5 of 5 Posts