Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I locate the TSBs? There is a lot of buzz about them and I need to take my XK to the dealer soon. Would like to have everything taken care of....

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
476 Posts
Look under the "Dealer Service/Problems" thread. There is a sticky that takes you to XKJeeps.com

One thing to keep in mind... the service department, as I have learned, will not address a TSB unless you are experiancing the problem :confused: IMO - they should as to avoid multiple trips back... as I have had to do.

·
Registered
71 Posts
HemiCommander said:
Look under the "Dealer Service/Problems" thread. There is a sticky that takes you to XKJeeps.com

One thing to keep in mind... the service department, as I have learned, will not address a TSB unless you are experiancing the problem :confused: IMO - they should as to avoid multiple trips back... as I have had to do.
You seriously think they should fix something if it isn't showing the symptoms? No wonder vehicles cost so much.

·
Registered
204 Posts
HemiCommander said:

Thats because we are not allowed to, DCX would have a cow if they found out we were doing TSBs on cars without a complaint first. The only time we are allowed to do anything to the unsold cars is when we find something broken on a PDI or when there is a Recall or RRT from Chrysler. This would be like us fixing broken stuff on your out of warranty car that you had never complained about, without even telling you about it, and then expecting you to pay for it when you pick it up.

·
Registered
476 Posts
It is amazing to me that when my $5500 LCD 70" television had the same board go out twice I got a new TV... pay $42K for a car that has been back to the service department 8 times now (including currently in) for either the same issue (transmission slipping) or various issues that seem to creep up and are addressed by TSB's and all I can do is "deal with it" :mad: I have read up on the lemon law... wonder how much money was poured into the ones who wrote it... as it is nearly impossible to get it enforced.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You're SERIOUSLY missing the boat here. TSBs are bulletins on how to fix an issue that has been found IF another vehicle shows the same symptoms. It's basically a set of work instructions.

It's an attitude like yours that is going to make it so that the manufacturers will want to make every TSB so that the public can't see them. :(

I'm not saying you aren't having problems with your JC, but to go into a dealership with a list of TSB's you want "fixed" when the vehicle isn't showing any symptoms.... That just isn't cool.

·
Registered
480 Posts
tsb xk website from previous thread: http://www.xkjeeps.com/xk_tsb.htm
Just had mine into the dealer today for door groans, ac stink and doesnt function unless on full cold, tumble seats locked up, a pillar molding warped, rear ac controls warped, blown driver door speaker, all covered- no biggie.
A note on the tumble seats if anyone notices a gap between the side and middles seats then your seat is not properly locked in and think this would be a saftey hazard. guess there is such a thing as a bad german engineer. had to literally jump up and down on the seat to get it locked in!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts