Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the look of the AEV Commander especially the front tubular grill with the internal winch mod. Has anyone seen plans on this modification? Really just wanna hear some thoughts and opinions on the modification. I think its a really clean look and since the GetLost4x4 bumper is no longer being made an alternative. Im going to be asking around some local shops if they can perform the mod.

AEV Commander

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
That bumper was talked about a lot a couple of years ago, I think it really led to the creation of the GetLost bumper but no one has stepped up to make one like that for us.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I believe AEV built a simple internal winch mount for the front crossmember and then cut through the plastic fascia and plastic MOPAR tubular grill cover thingamajig. They then painted the silver fascia black and black grill cover silver. Quite clever. It wouldn't be too hard to do yourself, really.

For what it's worth, I think it's much better than a full bumper replacement, and far less weight on the front end. I'm partial to my setup, which also omits the permanent winch weight in favor of a portable mount, but I'm sure everyone who's worked on their front will say the same thing about their setups!

It's around here somewhere, I'm sure, but here's another shot of the AEV XK in action:

Boom!

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
I believe AEV built a simple internal winch mount for the front crossmember and then cut through the plastic fascia and plastic MOPAR tubular grill cover thingamajig. They then painted the silver fascia black and black grill cover silver. Quite clever. It wouldn't be too hard to do yourself, really.
It is actually metal not plastic.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Oops! I'd fix the typo, but then you'd need to fix your post, and then this post wouldn't make sense, so...

Good catch. ;)

I was actually getting ready to buy one before deciding to fit the 4xGuard Matrix. They're pretty slick. The mounting set-up is pretty weak, but for most purposes it's fine.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I really want to get this done, havent had time to stop by my local shop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts