Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

since I own my Commander I am looking out to buy the mentioned grille guard. First, it was toooooo expensive, later sold out.

Does anyone know where I can buy that part - new or used?

What also might be possible, if anyone have this accessory installed and can take some photos w/ measurements. Also installation manual would help a bit.

Thanks in advance,

Andre

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Th
Hi everyone,

since I own my Commander I am looking out to buy the mentioned grille guard. First, it was toooooo expensive, later sold out.

Does anyone know where I can buy that part - new or used?

What also might be possible, if anyone have this accessory installed and can take some photos w/ measurements. Also installation manual would help a bit.

Thanks in advance,

Andre
Andre;

The only tubular Grille Guard on the market for Jeep Commanders right now, that I know of, is made by Black Horse. I had one for about a year and a half before I upgraded to a WAM Hidden Winch Mount Cuistom Steel Front Bumper about 3 years ago. The Black Horse Grille Guards are pretty well made for what they are. It will cost you anywhere from $390 - $500.00 depending on where you order it from, but, they are pretty widely available.

Personally I'd check on Amazon first; You'll probably get a better deal then if you went directly to Black horse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot. This guard ave seen already. But it’s too heavy. The moPar guard is assembled for the Commanders front bumper and fits perfectly w/o bringing too much weight and even doesn’t look that heavy.

Maybe it is someone out there who wants to sale it or can arrange some drawings with measurements. I have a buddy who‘s able to build it for me.

—A

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Thanks a lot. This guard ave seen already. But it’s too heavy. The moPar guard is assembled for the Commanders front bumper and fits perfectly w/o bringing too much weight and even doesn’t look that heavy.

Maybe it is someone out there who wants to sale it or can arrange some drawings with measurements. I have a buddy who‘s able to build it for me.

—A
Andre, I've had this Grille Guard installed before and have picked it up while still in the box - it's 50lbs tops, maybe less. And it does install right over the factory bumper with no issues, mounting to where the factory front tow hooks would be mounted. If you don't like it for whatever reason, that's fine - but it's not very heavy at all and it's fairly easy to install. Good luck with your search.

Here's an old pic I found where I still had it installed;

1 - 4 of 4 Posts