Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys. I am in the market to buy a set of tubular side steps for my commander but I was curious if they are worth the money or not. I am wanting to buy them because I have 5 year old twin boys and they have a hard time climbing in the commander. They have to hold on one end of the passenger seat and the door on each hand, prop up their foot onto the black side molding, then push up. Plus, they get hurt sometimes when they do it, especially if it rains and stuff and the black side molding gets slippery. I know that the best thing to do is just pick them up but my kids are so persistant in doing it on there own. So, I figure why not buy the side steps...What do you guys thing about my situation? Should I go ahead and get them? Any thoughts on the side steps and the situation are very appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
My four year old daughter climbs in alright - and when she falls, the rest of her siblings laugh. But, seriously, I'm thinking about Rock Rails that will double as a form of step. Might give that a shot.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I got the Mopar molded running boards - they're very strong & functional, but actually give the appearance of a lowered stance, so I might need a lift kit!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I wouldnt advise spending much money for the purpose you state. Your kids will be hopping right in shortly. the commander is low enough as it is without adding something to make it even lower. If you have to buy something I would look for some type of rocker panel guard that would suffice, at least then you would have something of value down the road. john

·
Registered
541 Posts
I got mine from a vendor called "intrepid" on ebay. I paid about $160, same quality as Mopar. It is very useful when you have kids. Just have in mind that it will lower your clearance about 3". Looks good though. It doesn't affect snow driving at all, so since I don't do any hardcore offroading, I am perfectly fine with it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, thanks for all the suggestions guys. It gives me some of the pros and cons in buying a set. Just a picky shopper wanting to get my moneys worth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts