Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) on using a tuning box with the CRD engine?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
You might get some response from our members with the XH, but most of our members have the XK and the CRD was not available to us.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
You might get some response from our members with the HK, but most of our members have the XK and the CRD was not available to us.
That's XH for the export model.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys, Appreciate I'm in a minority in the forum (and even more so in the UK!) - But if I don't ask I can guarantee not getting an answer!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
ima poster , I`m from australia with XH CRD 2006 65th ann model , have a euro TDC chip from germany installed , quick 10-15mins job , no problems with the unit so far . Have left the unit on default setting for best performance & econommy , which inturn gives me on average a 3-6 % fuel saving & about 10kw extra power , 35 more torque . If you turn the unit up to full power gain is about 30kw more & 90nm in torque , so to let u know ,
Standard Power 160kw , 510 nm torque
TDC Chip Power 191kw , 600 nm torque

Hope this helps .

aussie_commander

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Checkout the Startech (Brabus), Chip......it made my old CRD XH run like a smooth rocket ship.....will cost £1,200 if bought in the UK but worth it! And its a Jeep approved product.

·
Registered
419 Posts
My Dad has the CRD WK (Grand Cherokee), and he has glowing reports for Bully Dog's Rapid Power module. Their Gauge Tuner is even more awesome, I think.

As with most things XK (or XH), don't forget that the WK is essentially the same vehicle under its skin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts