Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2006 3.7 XK. 2 months ago I added a K&N CAI and last week I had a magnaflow muffler welded on. I like it so far but the transmission seems to shift with different RPMs. It's almost like it cant decide what to do and shifts much later. I've also noticed a decrease in fuel economy on the read out (not JUST from me revving with the new sound).

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what they did about it. I was wondering if maybe I needed the engine to be tuned because of the new "uncorked" flow? any advice would be great because otherwise I may just get the old muffler welded back on.

thanks again,
Allen

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Turn the key to the on (not start) position.
Leave it this way for a few minutes.
Turn key off and remove it.
Reconnect negative cable.
Start and let idle for about 5 minutes.
Go for a 15/20 minute drive at varying speeds and throttle positions.

By disconnecting the batt and key on you are taking the computer settings back to base, as if a new vehicle.
Reconnecting and driving it allows it to re-learn and adapt to your modifications.

Rob

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome. I'll give that a try today, thanks for the tip!

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry for the delay in response. it worked great. city milage is up by 2 mpgs and I can't give you a good answer for highway but I'm looking forward to the 20s range hopefully :). thanks for the tip, worked great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts