Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i now have several tuning options available.

with this down, i can move into head and cam designs for these big monsters..
exhaust headers maybe also. if there is an interest shown.

steve

·
Registered
148 Posts
What tuning options?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Please share what tuning options? I've been waiting.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill need for you to speak with james, our in house tuner for that info. its available and can be done. how much of it is available for the commanders? well, some one would need to step up for the tune now for that to be known.

there is going to be a learning curve on them just like there was with the lx platform ect...meaning how much torque managment ect can be removed? shift firmness? rpm limits? shift points? idle rpm? knock sensor readings/retard? wot timing?then you get into the fuel trims ect

these hemi's seem to like about 26 degrees..much more they go crazy.
very efficient motor.

some packages would be easier to tune than others also.

heck..one could even use some of the split second products and get a decent running package.

i know i can add about 100 rwhp to the package..its simple. i am willing to also talk openly about making parts for these monsters. air intakes ect..headers? short tubes? long tubes? cat backs? things like that.

i just need feedback on whats needed/wanted and available.

steve

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was looking for something more like EFI Live or Hp Tuners.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hp tuners is nice but if it is ever used on these motors...the 5.7/6.1 platforms, it will hit the lx cars first im sure.

cmr is in the works for the jeeps from diablo but not available yet neither is sct.

the current tuning option is said to cover the 4.7 also.

we shall see i guess. im fixin to pull the trigger on this stuff with a local vehicle.

steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
with the new shop and all he has been off the net for a few weeks. kids, family ect has been soaking up his time.

we are gonna take his jeep out of action for day or so soon ad check and see what we can actually do.

we have put some thought into this platform now and feel the computer is a limiting factor but its not a deal breaker.

gonna do some testing with a hand held tuner soon also.

steve

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would like to see a exhaust header back package with h pipe and dual exhaust. I think if you could make the whole package for under 1500 people would buy it. BUT... I saw a commander this weekend that had dual exhaust and their looked like there were some "fitting" issues as the pipe on the LH side affected the ground clearance. I don't know why they did that. Must be tight on that side or had a crappy mechanic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts