Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
07 Commander Overland
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

For about a year now, my turn signal stalk would kind of move slightly on its own, accompanied by an annoying clicking sound when turning the steering wheel. It was just a mild annoyance until today, when the left turn signal started staying on permanently unless I put a slight upward pressure with my left hand while driving.

Came across this thread:

but it only covers when the turn signal is stuck on, does not mention the clicking issue when the wheel’s being turned.

Other forums suggest it could be a broken turn signal cancel cam, but I haven’t been been able to find anything Commander specific (they were other Jeep models). Some forums also mention it could be some $500 spring that needs replacing…

Will replacing the turn signal stalk unit fix my issue? Or is it a cancel cam issue or both? Anyone got any links to replacing the cancel cam and/or the spring?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
Dallas TX
449 Posts
Ivan covers replacing the stalk in this video, the assembly looks like a generally easy replacement since its all one unit

·
Registered
07 Commander Overland
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ivan covers replacing the stalk in this video, the assembly looks like a generally easy replacement since its all one unit

Thanks! So it’s safe to assume there is no cancel cams in commanders?

·
Administrator
8,162 Posts
Thanks! So it’s safe to assume there is no cancel cams in commanders?
I've never heard the term "cancel cams" associated with Commanders before @jj248t , so, I'm guessing not.

Also, I sent you a private message. You need to complete your user profile signature in order to remain a forum member in good standing;

The instructions are laid out for you, in detail.

If you need help completing this task, please ask for it.

Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts