·
Super Moderator
14,975 Posts
What is a TUV?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the AEV superlift kit approved by Chrysler so that you still get full factory warranty ??

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Oyvind said:
Is the AEV superlift kit approved by Chrysler so that you still get full factory warranty ??
No. Mopar parts installed by a Jeep dealer are the only ones with full warranty protection.

However, warranties may be different here than over there. Here, the warranty can only be voided for specific parts and only if the dealer/manufacturer can prove that the modification caused the issue. For example if you installed a lift kit (by any manufacturer) and then your axle gears self destructed the repair to those axles might not be covered due to the dealer saying the driveshaft angle caused the premature gear failure. However if your air conditioning also needed fixing they would have to fix that because the lift had nothing to do with the air conditioning failure.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
rubicontrail.net said:
No. Mopar parts installed by a Jeep dealer are the only ones with full warranty protection.

Here, the warranty can only be voided for specific parts and only if the dealer/manufacturer can prove that the modification caused the issue.
I wonder if since I purchased the lifetime powertrain warranty AFTER the lift was installed if that provides be better protection if they try to deny a claim 10 years down the road?

·
Registered
193 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
I wonder if since I purchased the lifetime powertrain warranty AFTER the lift was installed if that provides be better protection if they try to deny a claim 10 years down the road?
You bought the lifetime warranty? Was the lifetime warranty an option when you bought your commander? Or was it something that you can buy?

·
Super Moderator
14,975 Posts
AJGuy84 said:
You bought the lifetime warranty? Was the lifetime warranty an option when you bought your commander? Or was it something that you can buy?
The Lifetime Powertrain Warranty was available to purchase on certain vehicles up until September 30th.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts