Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's in it today? My 94 YJ 4cyl, auto, 4in. Rough Country, 33" M/T ATZ's 15x10 wagon wheels and a 7' Meyers Plow with custom undercarriage. Just added the hard top in January. I don't know why I waited so long. December 08' Just finished the lift and wheels.

January 09' Hard Top on with Full steel doors. So much nicer to drive. Making the piles!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
07' Commander 4.7l, Heated Leather (for those cold Ohio butts), Command View and Rock Krawler Lift. BFG Mud Terrains will be in today, wheels on Friday.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some of my old toys. Had to sell to buy the new house. Family now agrees we should have kept the old house and the toys.

97' Bandit Pro Street at Norwalk Raceway Park 10.09 at 147 mph with me weighing 245lbs!!

87' Baja Force 280 twin SBC what a great family boat and sporty too. Made many trips to PIB and KI on Lake Erie.

1984 Husqvarna WR400. I used to race hare scrambles in the 80's and early 90's and I finally got old enough for the seniors vintage. Thought this was a great idea. Restore it and race it. Just not feelin' it! I got it running and sold it the same week. Some memories are best left where they were made.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wow, that takes some guts to do 147 mph on that crotch rocket...yikes

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Great Pics, thanks for posting!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just put the wheels on today! Stage one is done. Now where did I put my torches....

17x8.5 V-Tec Off-Road +25 Offset. Fits nice with hardly any rubbing. Tires are BFG Mud Terrains 255/75-17.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Frickin' awesome! Great look!

Curious... How much louder are your new Mud Terrains??

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Looks good :)

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Great Looking XK!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Guys. I don't know why I waited. Should have done it last year when I bought it. Tire noise? They sound like a street tread that hasn't been rotated in 12,000 miles. My wife and kids aren't even bothered by it. Guess that syas something. Chuck, you're welcome to stop by and drive it to see for yourself.

March stage is rocksliders and tow points.

Stage 3 will be right before Colorado. Drilled, slotted rotors and ceramic pads. Stock ones get way hot heading down those passes. I will bring my laser heat gun to check everyones brakes on our decents. CB and a place to fit my over grown spare tire will also be done.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ran into this guy in Vegas last Wednesday. He has a 2" lift and some wheels. Looked pretty good and could you imagine...he never heard of jeepcommander.com!

Few pics from the Rocky Gap 4x4 road in Red Rock Canyon Las Vegas
Wheelin' a rental Durango with my neighbors and one of my wife and I.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm having trouble mounting the MK19 grenade launcher. The roof is too thin so I may have to tie into the roll cage.

·
2,248 Posts
So what kind of ET's and top end speed. I got your assualt vehicle's number. I think it does assaults 1/4 mile at a time. The slicks and skinny front tires are a dead giveaway.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Looks like a 1968 Chevelle!

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Looks like a Camaro/Firebird.

·
Registered
422 Posts
he all ready said its a camaro rs...I dont think its doing anything maybe like a minute and a half for the 1/4 being towed...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts