Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PO of my 06 XK had some damage to front end and had flares, wheel liners and bumper parts removed in the process. When they replaced them, they tried to use some of the push-in style rivets and they don't work very well. Several have already fallen out. Looks like the OEM rivets were a plastic pop rivet. They are still securely in place. I have tried several different style and sizes of the push-in style rivets but none work very well. Typically very loose in hole and will not pull parts together tightly. Has anyone found a suitable push-in style rivet that can be used to reattach the parts or do I need to invest in a pop rivet tool that can install the larger plastic rivets?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Here is the oem part number The part number is 6500911,nomenclature is rivet.

You can get them at NAPA #770-2871 20 to a box I think I paid for the box for about what the dealer wanted for 1 or 2

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Tool

I think that to use a plastic pop rivet you must have a plastic poprivet tool, habor frieght has them along with an assortment of rivets.

Swanny

·
Registered
70 Posts
The one at Harbor Freight comes w an assortment of rivets. It's everything you need. I used it on both inner fenders after pinch weld mod.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the info in this thread... part numbers make it so easy! I will be lifting my XK in the next week or two and will be performing the pinch weld and fender liner modifications.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts