Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
U connect

Does anyone have any input/ideas as to the best cell phone/pda to use with the uconnect in the commander? My service contract with crappy Cingular is about to be up so it may be time for a new phone. Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: U connect

I use to work for t-mobile and I am very happy with them for the last 6 years, I use a nokia 3250 for mine, typically nokia would be the best bluetooth headset in my opinion.

·
Registered
33 Posts

I use a Treo 650 with my U-Connect and it has worked flawlessly. Sprint is my carrier. I think Sprint is now offering the Treo 700 now. No problems with Sprint in Oklahoma or on the road in my travels so far. The clarity has been much better than it was when I subscribed to Cingular. Your results may vary. I have it mounted to the dash with a Pro Clip between the air vent and the left side of the radio, which does not interfere with any of the radio's controls. It allows me to use all of the functions of the phone. Go to www.proclipusa.com to see the different mounting options.

·
Registered
77 Posts

We have two SMT 5600 AUDIOVOX smart phones. They are now sold as a Cingular phone of some sort. Best smart phone on the market for me and my wife, as we do need the functionality of a smart phone "in case", but do not intend to do a lot of writing with it. We check emails, some internet sites and otherwise use it mainly as a phone and calendar. Both phones are recognized based on their given priority. Communication is good with the car, albeit I seem to hear "them" better than "they" hear me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it true that the aftermarket uconnect does not interface with the rec nav? Am I better off going with non mopar bluetooth sys- i.e. - one of the parrot bluetooth products.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
rubeerman said:
Is it true that the aftermarket uconnect does not interface with the rec nav? Am I better off going with non mopar bluetooth sys- i.e. - one of the parrot bluetooth products.
If you order the true parts (the mirror with uconnect buttons, etc.) that would have came in it should interface with the REC just fine. If you just get the Mopar addon one -- which is a little rectangle with the buttons on it that you stick on the dash somewhere -- it probably won't work.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Be sure the volume is actually turned up on your phone too. I had a phone last year that (for some reason still unknown) would go to minimum volume whenever it first connected with the uconnect system.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Has anyone priced out adding the factory equipment as an add-on?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Turning U-Connect on

My U-Connect stopped working and the dealership turned it back on. My wife pickedm it up and didn't ask how to turn it on. Any idea how to turn it on?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts