Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is after the first sage. I added RR 2.25" lift, AEV wheels, 265/70/17 REVO's. I will add pictures as I add things and I hope to have it done by next weekend.

With nothing added

With 2.25" RR lift on OEM tires

With lift, AEV wheels, and 265/70/17 REVO's

I have a TINY bit of rub on the front when turning (easily fixed), but everything else is good.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Looking good. I love the way your tires fill in the fender wells.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Looks great! I have been waiting to see the AEV wheels on someones rig, as they are next on my wish list. Now I need to hurry up and get them!! I am jealous!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Looks very similar to my rig, except that I'm running 1.25" spacers and 255/70-17 GY Silent armors. I also want the AEV wheels since I want to stop running the spacers for wheeling reasons.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Looks good. Keep posting your mods!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YB Normyl said:
Lookin really good! Any close up of the new wheel/tire combo?

Red, You always have to wear the same thing for the before and after shot. :D
I will take some close ups of the wheels tomorrow.

RedCommander said:
Were all 3 taken today, or do you always wear an orange shirt?

J/K, Jeep looking great.
All the shirts I own are orange.;)

On my last drive, I noticed that the stability control kicked in when I was on a sharp curve. Before the lift I could take the curve at 40 mph, now I have to take it at 33 mph. Did you guys have the same thing? I am ok with this because the Commander still feels very stable and I love pulling up to a Hummer H2 and be the same hight.:cool:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I have always like AEV's wheels... considered a set for my Cherokee before I decided to go with the Mopar Moab wheels instead. The only thing I don't like is the yellow center caps. Why they can't make them the same color as the wheels confuses me. :)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
UberCommander said:
You don't have to put that on. The caps come blank and the yellow is a fancy sticker. I am sure you could paint the cap on find a different fancy sticker.
Oh... NOW they tell me. :p

·
Registered
251 Posts
Looks great! I still wish they all came lifted at that height straight from the factory. I do think the factory rims/tires look good as well. I have been thinking of a 2" lift but really like the look of my rims that came on the Commander. I may lift it and leave the rims and tires as they are.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
db_ohio said:
Any rubbing issues? Did you have to modify insid ethe wheel wells?
There is a tiny bit of rubbing when turning. The tire barely touches the plastic. I am going to pin back the plastic and that will solve any rubbing. I also took the Commander out today and put it through some flexing. There was no rubbing at the level of flex that I could do around here. The wheels work great.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nice Jeep!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts