Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd start a new thread was started in the hopes of getting a 12 bolt cover made and went a bit off track. But, there is now a stout 12 bolt cover available for us 12 bolt guys!

A few weeks ago I called and emailed around to everyone I could find who already made an 8.25 10 bolt cover in hopes of getting one made for our QDII equipped 12 bolt rear. Some didn't even respond, most didn't want to bother, Matt at Under Cover Fabworks was very receptive. I sent him a stock cover and here was the result...

I installed UCF cover yesterday with only a minor hiccup with clearance. Keep in mind I was the test fit for this and this issue will be resolved before any more covers go out.

The ELSD diff has a bolt at each bearing holding a small retainer bracket. Well this bracket hits the thick lip of the UCF cover. First I tried just replacing the factory bolts with a lower profile machine screw (1/4-20 x 1/2") which didn't work out, at first I thought it was the factory bolt head hitting, it was actually the small bracket. So, easy fix, I just took a grinder to the UCF cover lip and clearanced it. Everything fits fine and the pictures will explain better...

This cover is STOUT and at an awesome price point. I opted to have a drain plug added for a small up-charge which makes things more convenient. Matt @ UCF is great to deal with and does some awesome work.

Check out his site at undercoverfab.com or give him a call at (334) 873-4000

P.S. I have zero affiliation with UCF, I just wanted a cover and am now helping to get it it out there to us 12 bolt/QDII guys who have been waiting on one to be produced.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Looks sweet! It looks like it holds more fluid if so how much more does it hold? And you said you had a drain plug installed. Do you have a picture of it? I only see the fill plug. Again it looks awesome!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks sweet! It looks like it holds more fluid if so how much more does it hold? And you said you had a drain plug installed. Do you have a picture of it? I only see the fill plug. Again it looks awesome!

You know, I'm not quite sure as I had 2 full bottles, the Mopar LS additive and a couple of partial bottles from my last fluid change and am still short by just a tiny bit (I'll add that tomorrow).

You can see the drain plug in the bottom of the cover in this pic:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Going to do a fluid change this weekend so I just ordered this cover. Only $123 shipped not bad. I hope it is as good as it looks. Think I might paint it bright red so everyone can see it! lol!

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Lol! Looks awesome! I guess we'll be twins!

·
Premium Member
691 Posts

this cover is awesome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts