Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All - I have a 2010 Commander, and initially paired my Blackberry Tour Bluetooth to UCONNECT. However, last week it would not connect. I deleted my phone, along with my wife's phone (also a BB Tour). I tried to start from scratch, and now the Tour's Bluetooth can't even find the UCONNECT when I perform the search.

I have followed UCONNECT's instructions...pair a phone, say 4 digit code, follow phone's instructions etc...But when the Tour searches, it does not locate UCOONECT, but rather finds AUDIO DEVICE.

Has anyone had this issue or can anyone kindly comment on a possible solution?

Many thanks

·
Registered
696 Posts
Just making me wonder how you paired it in the first place.. without being there it is difficult to help. I used to have my Blackberry paired without a problem and always auto connected. Keep your phone bluetooth on. Does not work if temporary on but must be ON ON. Them follow the pairing instructions. I just turned my bluetooth on and pressed the uconnect button. Followed instructions and never had a problem. Sorry I cant be more of a help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had similar problems in the first year I purchased my '08. Ended up going to the dealer a couple of times and they upgraded the software and the problem went away. I had a BB Storm and after the software download it worked all the time. I now have a droid and the Bluetooth on it acts up now and then but the Uconnect seems to be okay. I sometimes have to turn off the bluetooth on the phone and then turn it back on and it connects to the Uconnect. I think it is a compatibility issue with the software on the phone. Try taking the battery out of the phone and letting it 'reset' for a minute and the try the pairing procedure again. You may want to try a friends phone to see if the Uconnect connects top it and try to isolate where the problem is. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies - so just tried pairing my friend's IPhone and no problem. It has to be the Verizon Blackberry Tour. I am using V5.0.0.975 - not sure if this OS has something to do with the issue.

I have tried the battery pull several times and no luck - I posted this on the BB support site but after my research - appears no one has received any positive feedback, aside from purchasing a new phone.

·
Registered
696 Posts
hmm. that is weird. I was thinking of you the other day. I first had my motorola phone paired. Then my BB, I had a cheap LG for a while, now my Evo Shift. My Jeep is an 06 and never had any Uconnect software updates that I know of. I am not going to go over the directions again if you had no problem pairing the friends phone. You know how to do it. I have no idea why it is not doing it though..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts