Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Mopar Sirius Radio Kit installed in my 07 Commander (REC Radio) yesterday at my dealer & I now have lost the speaker operation on my UConnect. The Microphone seems to work but no sound from the speaker. Called my wife in the Commander & she can pick up & I can hear her but she cannot hear me. My tech tells me he installed the kit by the Mopar instructions. Could there be something missing about a wire splice? Can anyone help?

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I doubt it, haven't done the sirius radio kit, but did do the Uconnect Bluetooth and iPod kit myself. Even though I still had to take it to the dealer and pay them to turn the module on, that was disabled from the factory, in order for it to work. Thank Chrysler for their proprietary electronic locks, making extra income for the dealers.

The kits come with a wire harness that plug right into the back of the radio and the factory wire harness, they all work off the CAN bus.

I could be wrong maybe there is a splicing with the Sirius Module, but that would be a poor design.

My iPod connection hasn't worked with a single iPod I have tried, including friends iPods, I've tried just about 2/3 of all the Ipods and the different generations made by apple. Best I can tell from googling it, this is all over forums and Chrysler keeps telling everyone they are working on a fix, that a certain version of firmware for iPods make them incompatible with the uconnect. That was several years ago and NOT a word on that fix, but Chrysler keeps selling the accessory in their catalogue still saying its compatible with all the recent iPods.

I'd take it back to the Dealer, if you've already did that, contact Chrysler Customer Service and complain. I hope I'm wrong, but it may be like my iPod Uconnect, it doesn't work and they can't practically make it work, but they keep selling it anyway, and just have customer service apologize with a form letter.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
If I remember right, Sirius and Uconnect both use, left audio, right audio, and common wires. I haven't seen the kit but when the components share wires there's always a connector on the kits harness to plug in the original connector, as the new harness has to plug in where the original one was. In this case the connector is the small middle one on the back of the radio. If everything is plugged in correctly maybe the settings on the radio for uconnect are off.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
It could be any of the wiring between the modules as well.

With my AutoEnginuity Software (connect a laptop to the OBD Port) I can play with the CAN bus, and I can turn speakers on and off, send different frequency tones to each speaker, etc to test them all. So the Can Bus has control over the speaker and likely is negiotating between the modules. That is why I suspect the speaker problem could be software in the modules or the module connections themselves.

Yes, check the wiring, but if the speakers work perfectly normal, except for when the uconnect and satellite radio modules are competing for them, I would suspect it was a software problem between them. So unless there is a improperly connected wire between modules and the bus, etc, causing the module to reacted improperly, there is some sort of compaitibility or software problem.

Normally I would suspect a installation problem over Chrysler selling Mopar Accessories that don't work right or incompatible with items they cliam they are compatible; BUT, I just got screwed with the iPod Uconnect accessory that Chrysler is still selling even though it is incompatible with any iPod that has had its firmware updated in the last 3 years, so you can't rule out Chrysler is just selling crap that doesn't work for their Mopar Accessories.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts