Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2010 Jeep Commander last week and noticed the uconnect buttons on the dash. I looked into it to pair my phone with it, but it currently saids uconnect not installed. "It seems to be installed". Do I have to have a screen or anything put in? What to do.

Thanks for any input!! Never had this in a car before.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2006 Limited with uconnect. Recently developed a problem with the volume of the incoming call alert. Its on full volume and is especially bad if the radio is off and I get an incoming call. I have searched the forums and cannot find an answer- Can anyone help?

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
I have a 2006 Limited with uconnect. Recently developed a problem with the volume of the incoming call alert. Its on full volume and is especially bad if the radio is off and I get an incoming call. I have searched the forums and cannot find an answer- Can anyone help?
Check your manual for instructions on how to adjust the volume.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It says the volume is adjusted by the knobs on radio or on the column. I have of course checked the manual and called the jeep dealer. they say to bring it in and they'll look at it but that requires a full days loss of vehicle, and they didn't really sound like they knew what it would be anyway... I was hoping you experts would have encountered a simialr problem. I have been on other forums as well looking for this issue as well as uconnect websites searching for an easier solution. It seems fairly simple right?I have had this system for 5 years with no problems this has just started happening. On my phone there is no volume adjustment setting for blue tooth.

·
Registered
696 Posts
The volume knob on the radio controls volume for everything. When the radio is on turning it up and down turns the radio volume up and down. If you catch it while nav is giving you directions and turn the knob at that instant the volume for the nav is adjusted. During a call or before you answer the incoming call maybe is when you would need to adjust that volume so the knob is thinking the same thing you are and you are not just turning down the radio or turn by turn.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you for your response, but the problem with the volume on the incoming call is mainly a problem when the radio itself is off. The announcement made that there is an incoming call is happening with the vloume at maximum volume. this is not something you can adjust when the radio is off --if I turn the knob there is no bar to direct you, you cant mute while its off either. The volume is so loud it literally hurts your ears and its very unexpected as well. I carry clients in my car so we don't have the radio on during the appointment. right now Im having to turn off the bluetooth and then remember to turn it back on when I need it, neither of these is convenient. Like I said earlier this is a recent problem and worked fine for 4.5 years. What parts need to be replaced? Someone should have this answer somewhere!! Please help Thanks!

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Next time you connect with the radio off try to adjust the sound with the steering wheel controls.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Where is the volume set when you turn the radio off? Turn the radio off with the volume set at a higher level. This is what I do. If I forget, and receive a call, and the volume is low, I turn on the radio and turn up the volume. It has already accepted the call, so this action doesn't affect anything but the volume. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
15 Posts
to dhh3: The incoming call volume is coming in at maximum volume. I am very sure that that isn't what I left the volume at when turning off the radio because i haven't listened to the radio at that volume for about 25 years-haha!
to D-nice: not sure what you mean but thanks for any advice. After the call comes in it is readily adjusted with either the knobs or steering wheel...it's the incoming call announcement that is screamingly loud and this is before you have any notice that the call is coming in...its before anything shows up on the navigation screen.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Did you already go to Main Menu, the Call Volume Settings??? That's how I adjusted mine on my 2010.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
I would sit in the truck and call my cell with another phone. This way you know its about to come through the uconnect. When you get the announcement for the incoming call lower it while the voice announcement is on. If that is not working I don't know whats wrong. It could then be a bad uconnect module. The module is behind the passenger side kick panel.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Did you already go to Main Menu, the Call Volume Settings??? That's how I adjusted mine on my 2010.

You have the RER Nav in your 2010. Its not the same as His 2006 REC Nav.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts