Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried an aftermarket chrome or brushed alluminum dash trim kit to replace the ugly fake wood trim you are stuck with on the limited?

The commander interior is flawless with the exception of relying on the same ugly fake wood trim domestic automakers have been slapping on since circa 1981

·
Registered
195 Posts
Don't know about the aftermkt availability; the "plain-jane" Commander aluminum trim might be what you're looking for. The a'mkt pieces probably would be cheaper....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
45 Posts
that trim kit still doesn't get rid of the wood. you could get this kit and replace the wood with the base model black trim.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Does anyone know why Jeep would have put real wood in the GC Limited models but not XK Limited models? Does the GC share the same center console as the XK's? I hate to think someone before me paid $40k+ and got fake wood.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm not sure they ever put real wood in the Limited, I think they only put it in the Overland and I'm not even sure they still do that.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Go to a JY or look online, and get the Sport trim pieces, I love the diamond plate look on my XK, leave the wood trim to those huge Buicks, etc...

·
Registered
423 Posts
I know there is real wood in the Commander Overland models but I was wondering why both Limited and Overland Grand Cherokee's got real wood?

Both vehicles were priced similarly so I cannot figure why Commanders got skimped out.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I just got done sanding off the "diamond plate" stuff on the non-wood trim and it looks surprisingly nice in bare, brushed metal. Am going to attempt anodizing it tomorrow; outcome will depend on what the base material is actually made of. Keep your fingers crossed!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I really like the fake wood in the commanders. My CTS I had before had some kind of ugly plastic wood trim and I never figured out why an upgraded luxury car didn't have real wood either. That's the only problem I had with that car.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I do like the color but just not the fact that it's fake. My Acura Legend I had in high school had real burlwood walnut throughout the car. I would like to get a hold of a console from an Overland model but the prices aren't worth it. I'd rather have a lift and exhaust.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts