Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Commander Owners

I have owned my UK 2007 3.0L V6 Commander for just over a year with no problems... until now.

It started a few days ago when the oil light switched on with its little charm noise.

I went to a petrol stations and bought 2 litres of oil in the engine within 1/2 a mile of this happening - it drank it like a thirsty horse...

The light went of but came back on when cornering and accelerating - this was only over a 1 mile as I was going to my local service garage.

When the mechanic had a look he noticed a split pipe and oil have strayed up the side of the car up and over the battery.

I left the vehicle with them and they replaced the pile.

We picked it up the following morning and the light was not on.

But as a round the corner out of the car park it came back on and it is back with the garage!

The problem is that I am unsure if they know what to look for - they are replacing the oil pressure sensor, the engine sounds great, no tapping or growling and when driving it the garage it had no loss of power...

Any advise would be great!

Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
162 Posts
Have you checked the oil level yourself, don't trust the mechanic's word. First step go outside and check the oil level. What type of oil did you use for the top up and what oil did your local garage use?
You have an XH Commander made in Belgium just like the Aussie ones, (same, same) You should be using a Fully Synthetic 5W-30 oil that is compatible for cars with Diesel Particular Filters (DPF). Any old diesel oils will stuff your high tech diesel up. It's all in the manual.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I forgot to say that these diesels take 9.5 litres of oil too, that's a hell of a lot of oil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts