Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I live in the UK and need a bit of advice on fitting an aftermarket double DIN radio to my 2006 Commander. The factory fit has no Bluetooth streaming or hands free calls so pretty much is useless.

Need an idea of what my shopping list needs to be as the last time I swapped out a radio was 7 years ago on a V reg Astra....

Thanks!

·
Registered
359 Posts
any double din nav of your liking with a bosche or metra dash kit for the 2006 or 2007 commander should be fine. the dash bezel changed in the commander in 2008, although you can buy a '08 - '10 bezel if you like a cleaner look. As far as the wiring harness goes, I know that for the 08, you can't just buy the harness that says "for 2002 and up Chrysler vehicles" or what ever it says. go to your local car audio store and ask them what harness your commander requires. I had to spend $80 USD for mine. It's a special harness.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tips, especially the harness. I'm going to try and do a video of the swap out as there isn't much to go by on youtube.

·
Registered
359 Posts
cool beans, good luck. one other thing I forgot to mention, some people run into this problem some people don't but inside the dash where the radio goes there is a thick plastic piece that can prevent an aftermarket radio from going completely in. everyone just removes it. I just got really mad not knowing what was causing my issue, reached in and ripped it out bare handed and just got really lucky, as I ripped out only what was in the way and didn't damage anything somehow. It was afterward that I found out there is a piece that needs to be removed. lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts