Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned in some of my posts yesterday I picked her up today :) . Only have a choice of two specs and two options in the UK so its got them.

Sat Nav / Rear DVD Screen / and Skylight windows above 2nd Row passengers
Tinted Rear Glass from B pillar backwards

Let me know what you think, she drives beautifully and believe it or not I chose this over a second hand Range Rover that was not as good on-road as this.

http://www.brumwell.net/gallery_online/jeep/

·
Registered
157 Posts
Bigricky nice ride looks great. Has anyone found out how we can get those headlights in the state yet? I really want to get rid of those amber turn signals

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everything apart from side steps and mud-guards are standard, unless the dealer dressed her up a bit.

He's given us a discount to use it in promo literature as its the first one of six that they've had orders for that they have delivered.

Did almost two hundred miles in her yesterday (104 mile round trip to my parents) - and with the DVD player in the back my six year old didn't want to get out.

Only niggle I have is after coming from a Merc CLK with the Mercedes COMAND the menu system for the SatNav is not as intuitive etc.

As far as the lights etc. everything is as seen as standard and as I've yet to see another one on the roads yet (which is nice as you can see people pointing and saying what's that ?) - most seem to looks Hummer'ish and for the UK this is a big car. Its bigger than Range Rover Sport, Volvo XC etc. and being boxy in design it looks bigger still.

Its remarkably good value and as Daimler Chrysler have limited imports to 600 or 700 a year should hopefully keep residual values strong too.

Still looking for anyone that might be doing chrome wing mirrors as the black plastic ones look massive and think it would go well with the side chrome bits.
Also think that even with the parktronic I'd like a reversing camera but only if it integrates to the SatNav screen - does anyone know whether you can tell by looking at software rev number etc. from it ?

Thanks for looking and thanks in advance for any help on the above.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
BigRicky said:
Everything apart from side steps and mud-guards are standard, unless the dealer dressed her up a bit.
Must be they want people in the UK to REALLY know it is Trail Rated then. Here in the US we only get one badge (on the left front fender), not three.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure I read on either this forum or in a write up about the car that DC had run short of Trail Rated badges and if you wrote to them with chassis number they'd supply more for free + handling fee.

Just had the missus give it her full blessing as she's been on motorway (freeway) and country lanes today and she rates it way above the old shape ML430 we used to have. Part of the reason I didn't go for the new ML was the lack of 7 seat option and didn't want to wait till the new GL comes out in Q3 06.

Have to say that say far the Commander in our view has the Range Rover / Volvo XC, Merc ML beaten so the new Merc GL will have to be fairly incredible to beat it. As it'll will probably start at £50,000 GBP ($92,000 USD) it is hardly comparing apples with apples though.

Might end up with two Commanders at this rate !!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks good Ricky!!!

Have you seen many about here? I havent, i reckon less than 5!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think the RHD is sweet. I dont see any difference in the headlights though.
I would like the clear corner markers too. I dont like to look like all the other JC's in Texas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts