Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are beginning to plan for the Ultimate Jeep Summit 2013 in Silverton Colorado. Your input is appreciated.

We are looking at July 22 - 26

·
Registered
22 Posts
a49erFan how close is that to Colorado Springs. My daughter lives there , might just plan to make that trip:) Will be watching for more info:D

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a49erFan how close is that to Colorado Springs. My daughter lives there , might just plan to make that trip:) Will be watching for more info:D
290 mi, 5 hours 58 mins

·
Registered
696 Posts
There should be threads from other trips to Silverton the last couple years for West Coast Camp Commander for a little history and background.

Im sure a49erfan will post all the info you could imagine as the plans come together; he is really good about it

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have not put anything together yet, but you can expect to hear a lot more over the next few months.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got off the phone with Amy at the Red Mountain Motel & RV Park, looks like things are filling up fast in that neck of the woods so if you are planning on attending you may want to make your reservations. They do allow for cancellations so if you think you are attending you need to call her and get the details.

You can rich them at 1-888-970-5512

I will be arriving on Sunday 7/21 and departing Friday 7/26.

I have reserved space #14 again and she suggested you ask for 11, 12, 13, 23, 24, 25 in order to be in the same area. They also currently have two motel rooms and two small cabins but those go fast so if you need one call soon.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Hey guys. I live in Crested Butte and it is a ridiculously great place for our Jeeps. I would love to have a meet up here. The drive is about 4 hours west of the Springs. Depending on the day, I could host a JC.com balloon ride day too. If some one has a JC.com banner I could fly it on the envelope. This area is about as nice as it gets in Colorado.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How far is Crested Butte from Silverton?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BUMP, looks like a great week of wheeling and ballooning and drinking and...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Things are filling up VERY fast in the Silverton area. Within the hour or so I price shopped for a hotel, each time I would refresh the "numbers left" for rooms were going down.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They do not charge your card when you make a reservation and you can cancel without a charge up to a few weeks before if you change your plans. Ask them for details as it is their business and their rules.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have a stock Limited XK no skids.. You think the trails will be ok for my XK?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a stock Limited XK no skids.. You think the trails will be ok for my XK?
Yes, almost all the trails have a by-pass for any area that is too tough.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ok will try to make resv tommorrow. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looking forward to meeting you!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think the summit out in Silverton is like a National Summit. But it would also be cool to have a East coast Summit

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.