Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I was talking with a friend, considering paint schemes. He suggested one, and I said, it wouldn't go well with my gunmetal rims. He asked for a picture. I figured, hey, easy enough to google it and find it.

Thing is, I couldn't. I found similar ones - with the title machined face - but in full silver, while mine were gunmetal/silver combo. I was perplexed. Does anybody know how common these were? I snapped a pic because I couldn't find a single one on google!

I apologize for the quality of the photo and state of the wheels - they didn't receive too much love from the previous owner (curb rash :( damn heathens) and I haven't cleaned them
in almost three weeks.

·
Super Moderator
15,101 Posts
That is called a Hulk wheel.

·
Super Moderator
15,101 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, I see. Thank you. Kinda confusing though. 2006 65th edition with Rocky Mountain rims. My question now is why the hell the original rims needed to be replaced? I'm starting to really hate on those previous owners - they bought special rims and then curbed the hell out of them! :(

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I doubt they replaced the wheels. I'm sure those were the original that came on the Jeep.

·
Super Moderator
15,101 Posts
Ah, I see. Thank you. Kinda confusing though. 2006 65th edition with Rocky Mountain rims. My question now is why the hell the original rims needed to be replaced? I'm starting to really hate on those previous owners - they bought special rims and then curbed the hell out of them! :(
After a little cyber-sleuthing I have found that the Rocky Mountain Edition and the 65th Aniversary Edition both had those wheels on them.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Like I said!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After a little cyber-sleuthing I have found that the Rocky Mountain Edition and the 65th Aniversary Edition both had those wheels on them.
It appears there is little difference at all between 65th and Rocky except the years...hmm :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts