Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few questions about things under the hood of my 2007 XK...

How is the battery held down? It doesn't appear to have the hold down bracket across the top of the battery like I am used to.

What is the plunger switch that is next to the battery that makes contact when the hood closes?

What is the wire that goes up under the hood insulation?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The battery is held down by a rectangular bracket and a 10mm bolt at the base of the battery, the plunger, or plungers on both sides of the hood near the headlight are simply to prevent rattling, if of course those are the plungers your speaking of, and the wire that disappears behind the insulation is the washer fluid hose.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jahu said:
The battery is held down by a rectangular bracket and a 10mm bolt at the base of the battery, the plunger, or plungers on both sides of the hood near the headlight are simply to prevent rattling, if of course those are the plungers your speaking of, and the wire that disappears behind the insulation is the washer fluid hose.
Is the bolt the one on the front side at the base of the battery?

Ok makes sense on the hose. :)

No, its not those plungers. There is a plunger switch right next to the battery that has a wire coming out of it and disappearing down into the depths of the engine bay. Possibly something with the factory alarm system?

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
i think those plungers if they are connected to wires are for the anti-theft system. my 300zx has them. i've never looked for them on my jeep. now i'll have to investigate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts