Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I received in the mail 1 CD TO UPDATE my RER radio and 3 DVD to update my GraceNotes. It only took
60 minutes to do. When I purchased my XK in January I found out the radio and GraceNotes were from the original factory and never updated. It as of today i have the most recent updates on both.
Now i have to update the NAVIGATION part of it and i guess it will cost me money. Does anyone know a cheap place to have my Nav updated?
Anyway if I want information on updating any of your radio's send me a PM and i will give u the information.
Steve.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good luck finding one of these disks. I have been looking for quite a while to update my 08 maps. While there are not so legal ways to download from P2P for some of the maps, Your best bet is to keep looking on E-Bay. However most of those are not usually new disks and may even have failed or been damaged. The disk is currently 200 dollars from NAVTec and I would only consider updating if you have had a significant amount of new roads since your current map.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
mrnavy2, I appreciate your service, as I grew up in a military family, but your signature is kind of annoying due to it's large size. Could you make it smaller, please ? Thank you.

From the forum Rules:

Signatures:
Signatures/ user names/ avatars must be work-safe and socially acceptable. Although members have the option to disable them, they are always visible to guest readers. For members who prefer not to view signatures, there is an option to turn them off in the User CP

Over-sized signatures are inconsiderate and may be removed. You can help avoid removal if you create a separate thread about your car with photos and a list of all mods and options then link to it in your signature. To further the 'less is best' philosophy, please note that the software may limit signatures to only appear in your first post on any given thread page

Following are general Sig guidelines - You may be asked to remove signatures that do not conform to these guidelines, it may be limited by the software, or it may be removed by staff without notice:

• [*]Images: Sig photo MAX 500W x 200H (pixels). If using more than one photo, please resize to collectively fit within this 500W x 200H footprint

[*]Text: If you include an image in your sig, please limit text to 2 lines

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Today I received in the mail 1 CD TO UPDATE my RER radio and 3 DVD to update my GraceNotes. It only took
60 minutes to do. When I purchased my XK in January I found out the radio and GraceNotes were from the original factory and never updated. It as of today i have the most recent updates on both.
Now i have to update the NAVIGATION part of it and i guess it will cost me money. Does anyone know a cheap place to have my Nav updated?
Anyway if I want information on updating any of your radio's send me a PM and i will give u the information.
Steve.
I have a REC in my 2006. I didn't know just the radio portion could be updated. Thanks for the post. PM sent.

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
I have a REC in my 2006. I didn't know just the radio portion could be updated. Thanks for the post. PM sent.
The radio of the REC can not be updated like the RER. Only the navigation system of the REC can be updated. Also the REC does not support gracenotes.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JeepJorge, I just sent him a email asking for his email address, and once i get it, i will get back to you. But i know last time him and i spoke about another friends of mine REC, he did want to know what Version he had. So just have your Version in hand, if u do not know how to get to locate what version you have, he will tell u how to locate it.. Steve
Jeep5253. sorry about the length of my Signature, did not realized it was that long, but it is someone most people do forget.. I did shorten it, i hope that meets the requirements, if not let me know... Steve....

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
actually, the radio portion of an REC is up-datable via firmware which is on the map disc. i have ver AL 2013 which has the latest firmware, map data, and the in-motion delete. if anyone wants info, PM me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts