Jeep Commander Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,759 Posts
Not that I know of, and my own searches for a plugin or otherwise that would accomplish this have come up empty. Don't suppose you've seen something like this present on another site have you?

Kevin
No I haven't.

If the first 2 fields are now mandatory, hopefully that will be enough of a prompt to get the newbies to answer the rest of the questions.

Thanks for your efforts Kevin.

·
Administrator
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
No worries. I'll keep an eye out for it during my travels

Also, seems I forgot to add the ticket number for getting the custom fields added to the mobile view.

Case #2857612

Kevin

·
Super Moderator
5,759 Posts
Just gave it a test with the first 2 fields (Do you own, and Model Year) and it worked. Both those fields popped up when doing a test registration and had to have something inputted to complete the registration, and still have options to be left blank to accommodate who answer "No" to that first field.

Which other fields should be mandatory? We should stay away from those that might be considered too technical for a new user still learning. Give them a chance to add those later

Kevin
Kevin;

How are these new guys still getting on the forum and posting without answering the first 2 profile questions????

What is it going to take to get this fixed??

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/89-new-member-section/69530-service-4wd-computer-reset.html

·
Administrator
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Unsure, though after checking I saw that Tapatalk in-app registration was still listed as "On". I've turned it off, but I'll also message this new user and ask about how they got on site

Update: Didn't message the user yet, as I think I found something to make this more intensive. I found I hadn't gone "full enforcement" on those fields being required. Now I have. Let's see if that makes the difference.

Kevin

·
Super Moderator
5,759 Posts
Unsure, though after checking I saw that Tapatalk in-app registration was still listed as "On". I've turned it off, but I'll also message this new user and ask about how they got on site

Update: Didn't message the user yet, as I think I found something to make this more intensive. I found I hadn't gone "full enforcement" on those fields being required. Now I have. Let's see if that makes the difference.

Kevin
O.K. thanks Kevin.

Fingers crossed....:smile2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Main forum page loads fine. Touch a thread to go to and just loads a blank screen. Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to get a screen shot on my phone yet but just totally blank nothing on it. Have to check go to desk top view to see anything. Oh and the side that has the stats for the person posting like on Big Blues all you get is the name, avatar, super moderator, and how many posts, and lifetime member. None of the vehicle stuff or location.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I see you have hit 5 posts, before that you are limited see if things have changed for you and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you, love the community so far. Tried enhanced view a few times and still totally blank page when you click to go to a thread from main page. Do you need taptalk? I'm just using my regular chrome browser.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey there,

Did you try the basic caches and cookies clear on your browser?
Afterwards, let us know how it is on your end.

Ed
Hi Ed,
Yes I cleared my browser. Then I cleared the chrome cache under apps, and the tried both at same time. Still no go. It's weird because when you reload the blank page a couple times it will flash the sites main header bar that says loading and has the menu symbol just to the left, well if your super fast and tap the menu icon it will default to main forum page. Still trying to figure out how to get a stupid screen shot.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mobile view of the website does not work for me on android chrome either. Same problem as above. I have to use the desktop version to see any links.

Mobile view works however if I link to a page from google. If I use links from the main forum page, I get blanks on the mobile view.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I will add that support for Tapatalk is also gone. I get about 50% of post notifications and some of those end up being false notifications.

I'm not sure if this is a part of what is going on but it coincides with the timing of complaints here.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I will add that support for Tapatalk is also gone. I get about 50% of post notifications and some of those end up being false notifications.

I'm not sure if this is a part of what is going on but it coincides with the timing of complaints here.

are you getting notifications via email or those pop-up notifications from the phone?

lee

·
Registered
301 Posts
are you getting notifications via email or those pop-up notifications from the phone?

lee
It's pretty random, I have email notifications set to off but, I still get them occasionally.

I also get random push notifications, some lead me to the post, some just goto the app and the post doesn't exist.

Hasn't happened last day or so though, it seems to be working now.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts