Jeep Commander Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Feedback about the mobile app

I received this PM from a forum member this evening concerning feedback about the website and the mobile app and thought I should share it with the Site Administrators;

So, @Administrator; For your reading pleasure;

texfixdfw said:
Hi, this site is very difficult to use on mobile. Id love to share a lot of info on my ownership of a commander over last 2 years. I don't have options to reply to posts or option to post in forums. Only easily available option to write anything on the site was the reply button to your email. I want to share a few things but most likely wont have time or will forget to. Tons of captcha verification notices, which are a PITA to deal with and no option to reply to other user posts. Just my experience. I remembered why I have not logged in or tried to use the site in 2 years once I started trying the other day. I love to read other peoples posts and would like to participate. 2 browsers with different issues, and password reset was confusing also. Just some thoughts. There are probably tons of great members who don't participate with the issue of inconvenience. I really do have a great ride to share and lots of issues I have resolved. I tried to post the video to my commander full raptor liner paint job from youtube and had no option. Hope this helps the website developers to work the issues out.
Now granted, some of the issues he's having are self-inflicted, because he has yet to actually post on the site (like the not being able to reply to someone else's post) but some of the other issues he speaks of like the captcha verification notices, I've heard of from a lot of guys using the mobile app. I told him what to do so he can finish up registering & completing his profile and hopefully, he'll start posting; We'll see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
He shouldn't be seeing any captcha verification if he's logged in. Also, did he try swapping to desktop view to see was he having the same issues?

Niall
I passed this along to him Niall, we'll see what he says.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Member says he can't reply using the Autoguide Mobile App.

@Administrator;

I received this PM from a new member who says he can not reply to his own thread using the Autoguide Mobile App;

Gabey said:
I've been trying for awhile now to reply to my own new member post to thank you for the links you posted. I'm using the auto guide app on a mobile device, Samsung Galaxy 7. Anyhow I keep hitting the paper airplane in the top right of the screen & it says sending, but it never posts it. Any idea's as to what I'm doing wrong?

·
Administrator
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
So it didn't happen for you I see.

Unfortunately, best I can suggest is to get the user to re-install. We aren't able to do any patches to the autoguide forum app at the moment. It's worth mentioning that there is no difference between the app and the Enhanced Mobile View in your browser. With Samsung Android, you can also choose the "Add to Home screen" option to create a permanent link on your phone to the site, which is pretty similar to using an App in almost all ways

Kevin

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
So it didn't happen for you I see.

Unfortunately, best I can suggest is to get the user to re-install. We aren't able to do any patches to the autoguide forum app at the moment. It's worth mentioning that there is no difference between the app and the Enhanced Mobile View in your browser. With Samsung Android, you can also choose the "Add to Home screen" option to create a permanent link on your phone to the site, which is pretty similar to using an App in almost all ways

Kevin
No it didn't happen to me Kevin, I'll pass this along as soon as I hear back from the member. He didn't respond to my last PM. Thank you.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts