Jeep Commander Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts
Side shot showing the lift from the OME springs and the 2011 Grand Cherokee rims with 1.5" spacers. You can see the approximately 2 inch wider stance.
Looking good Flex.

Man it looks pretty cold where you are......

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts
LOL, this isn't Florida brother. It's not too bad. Around 3*C to 5*C all week.
I'm in the Philippines right now - but yeah, I hear you brother.

I've always wanted to visit and spend some time up in Canada, that's my kind of climate - and landscape for that matter.

Went to Halifax once - just for a couple of days (work-related) and didn't have the time or the resources to really get out and look around the way I would have liked to.

I have Alaska on my bucket list too.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Alberta is unique. Plenty of rolling plains and foothills as well as mountains. Way down south is a famous Dinosaur dig in a city called Drumheller. They have active digs as well as a huge Dinosaur museum.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have Florida on my bucket list. I have NEVER left this country. I have only ever been to British Columbia as a child.:crying:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I put a power stop caliper kit (front & rear) on my 06, and nearly stood it on its nose.. Of course that's probably because I did the front first and the rear a weekend later! Compared to the stock setup the new calipers with performance pads and slotted and drilled rotors just kills it... The difference is definitely noticeable, and well worth it....

Reactions: Flex

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts
I put a power stop caliper kit (front & rear) on my 06, and nearly stood it on its nose.. Of course that's probably because I did the front first and the rear a weekend later! Compared to the stock setup the new calipers with performance pads and slotted and drilled rotors just kills it... The difference is definitely noticeable, and well worth it....
Yep, I've had this Power Stop K2220-36 Front & Rear Z36 Truck and Tow Brake kit in for a couple of weeks now and the difference in response/stopping power is definitely noticeable, I'm quite happy with the upgrade so far.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005UB4WSA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: Flex

·
Registered
448 Posts
As it happens, I came across a situation where I needed to stop really quickly a few days ago. I am glad I had them installed because I really hit them hard and managed to just stop. Might not have been so lucky with the stockers.

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts
As it happens, I came across a situation where I needed to stop really quickly a few days ago. I am glad I had them installed because I really hit them hard and managed to just stop. Might not have been so lucky with the stockers.
If your XK was stopping anything like mine was with the stock brakes, than you almost certainly would have hit whatever you were trying to avoid.

A very worthwhile upgrade in my opinion - thanks for all the feedback my friend.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think he has a thread detailing all his changes. I wouldn't bother. You need serious horsepower mods to require that kind of stopping power. At his guestimated $1200, I believe that it is 3 times the cost of the powerstop kit which is a huge improvement over stock. So unless you can get the SRT parts dirt cheap, I would go with the powerstop.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts