Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '06 Lifted with a Superlift 4" is on it's 3rd power steering pump since the lift kit addition. I had a 2.5" prior for 40 k with no issues. I run the G.C. SRT 20" rims and run with spacers.. Yes I get it, I am un orthodox, but it rides smooth and looks killer, so I have been told. None the less, The original went at around 120k not bad, foolishly my mechanic put in a CRAPA, and it failed with in 5k, so I went with Mopar, which solved the problem, until now. After reading some threads, I see I probably should have replaced the hoses, considering Just passed 150k, yippee!

So the question is has anyone upgraded the pump to one off a truck? i.e. 1500 or 2500? would it not have more power, since it's designed for a larger platform? Would there be another alternative(After market) that has worked for people that have gone the 6" lift, which is on my bucket list.

Thanks for any words of advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It has been an interesting learning curve for this procedure and a frustrating one, when you rely on others to do what you want done. So the end result is the I found a 2015 Ram 2500, with the right fitting to hook up cleanly with it. The mechanic, did not use the new hoses I provide and did not burp the system correctly, which created a break down on the way home from a quick trip. The seal at the fan larger outlet seal went and couldn't get it back sealed to drive home. Now, I believe I need to replace the fan with a an electric and by pass the b.s of the cooling. Yes I will consider the towing aspects and by a big and strong enough electric, with controller, to do the job. I am also adding the b.s. of trying to figure out how to put in an electric power steering pump to eliminate the whole b.s. engineering problem. Wish me luck..

·
Administrator
16,027 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts