Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many members have asked what different exhausts sound like on different motors and so this thread was created to post those sound bites. Help me find all the posted ones and then we can solicit the missing ones.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
You should indicate if it is a cat-back or just muffler and with or without resonator.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should indicate if it is a cat-back or just muffler and with or without resonator.
That's a great idea!

If I have used your muffler in the above samples please provide the requested information.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
This is a great tool. When I was shopping for pipes for my Roadstar 1600 (motorcycle) it helped to compare sounds.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Can smeone with a 4.7 Liter and FLowmaster 50 Series SUV muffler please post an exhaust clip?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This thread should be a sticky! I want to check back on this one later down the road.
Done, Eventually we may have too many sticky's so there will have to be a rotation of some sort.

·
Registered
148 Posts
What was the VORTEX? That sounded good. And what benefits does the resonator provide?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Is anyone using the Flowmaster Super 44? I wanted to get the off road version but I wondered if it sound as good as the SUV 50?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Alright so lot's of great clips but not a complete set. We need a Jeep Commander 5.7 Hemi with flowmaster 70 series and flowmaster 50 series SUV.

Whos gots?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
It (the Super 44) is the most aggressive sounding according to their website. The 50 SUV is rated much quieter inside and outside of the vehicle than the 44.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
It (the Super 44) is the most aggressive sounding according to their website. The 50 SUV is rated much quieter inside and outside of the vehicle than the 44.
I know the site says it is the loudest but I do not like the sound clip they give. I was wondering if that was what it really sounds like. Anything will be quieter than my current straight through glass pack.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I wonder why they diamond plated it. The original flowmaster mufflers are quite thick already. I bottomed out on it this past weekend and it didnt even scratch it. My stock muffler was all bent up from bottoming out on it.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts