Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked for a big brake kit, but couldn't find it. The brakes are good stock... but they could definitely be better. Does anybody make a larger diameter rotor kit for the commander? If not, I can get some performance stock sized rotors/pads.. but my question would be, how hard are they to install? Assuming I have the tools and basic knowledge, can it be done at home?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Not sure where I saw them, but somewhere I have a link for cross drilled & slotted rotors and high performance pads. Stock size, 50-75% better grip with this setup. Will go this route when the stock set needs replacing. Many places sell this stuff.

EDIT - Here is the link, this is a great company, good products, OK prices great customer service. http://www.topbrakes.com/order.cfm?page=searchresults&cYear=2006&cmaket=JEEP&cmodel=COMMANDER&cnotes=-1

The EBC green pads are great, but I prefer Performance Friction, have had great success with them. These folks offer several alternatives. I upgraded my Cutlass to these, and it doubled my stopping power. Will upgrade when I need to do a brake job on the Commander. About $270 total per axle, not too bad.

·
Registered
282 Posts
tire rack has decent replacement options. havent really seen any big brake kits. there was a thread questioning if the srt8 calipers and hardware would fit. dont think anyone tried though. ive been looking for stainless steel brake lines with no avail also.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I went with the Green Stuff Brake pad kit and have been very impressed. When the rotors need to go, which will probably be this summer, I am thinking I will be getting these from Powerslot.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Cool, good info, will swap to these when its time to do my brakes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts