Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What kind of shocks are available for upgrading the suspension while maintaining factory height? Which ones work best with the JC? I've heard the DT 8000's are a good shock from some other posts. Rocky Road quit selling those and sells the Skyjacker's instead now.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Re: Upgraded JC Shocks

I have no idea if its necessary to replace the factory shocks on a commander, mine seems to ride fine. However, if I were looking to upgrade I would contact OLD MAN EMU (OME) and see if they have designed a shock for the Commander. (their shocks are vehicle specific for weight etc). IMHO there is no better shock for fine ride. Not cheap though, run around $75 each. john

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts

Just checked OME's site, nothing listed for the XK/XH.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts

rwmorrisonjr said:
Just checked OME's site, nothing listed for the XK/XH.
You might want to call or email them to ask... sometimes company's are a bit slow to update their web sites. I am running OMEs on my Cherokee. Great shocks... even though its lifted 3-4" the Cherokee corners better than it did in stock form.

·
Registered
65 Posts

No OMEs and probably never will be according to R&D here in Oz. Only choices for front are Bilsteins, Rancho have an RSX for rear but front "a few weeks away" since May!!.

·
Registered
588 Posts

Sorry to learn of that. I have always switched to OME's on every vehicle (Jeep) I own. Biltsteins have a good rep far as I know, but not familiar with their ride. john

1 - 6 of 6 Posts