Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered, Installing next weekend. Pics to follow!!

RRO 2.25" Lift
JBA control arms
Bilstien 5100 front and rear (i assume I use the Grand Cherokee ones, as they don't list any for Commander)
1.5" spacers
Wrangler dura trac 255/70/18

I am assuming I will need to get the truck aligned after this.

Best thing about being divorced is that nobody bitches about what you spend your money on.

#holycrapthatsexpensive

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Just ordered, Installing next weekend. Pics to follow!!

RRO 2.25" Lift
JBA control arms
Bilstien 5100 front and rear (i assume I use the Grand Cherokee ones, as they don't list any for Commander)
1.5" spacers
Wrangler dura trac 255/70/18

I am assuming I will need to get the truck aligned after this.

Best thing about being divorced is that nobody bitches about what you spend your money on.

#holycrapthatsexpensive
Yep, nothing like diving right in head first......it adds up quick doesn't it?

The 5100's for the WK should work fine - I would ask you, did you get the regular 5100's or the adjustable ones? The regular 5100's are fine for the rear, but, most guys that I have heard about using Bilstein 5100's in the front, usually opt for the adjustable ones, as it makes it easier to level it out.

And yes, you will definitely have to get an alignment done after all of this stuff is installed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the adjustable. Package deal front and rear for $367. I believe the adjustment is in the collar and not the actual strut.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Tires and spacers (1.5") are in. Tires look baddass. I'm thinking I can get away without pinch weld mod since my lift should give me 2"+ lift and the tires are only 10mm wider and 2.5" total taller (actually only 1.25" closer to wheel well.) Thoughts anybody?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Are you planning to leave the 5100s on the lowest setting?
Im far too much of a commander noob to speculate on the rest, but seeing how i have to make a decision soon how to finish my lift, im tagging along to learn more.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Any thoughts on the pinch weld mod? I guess I'll know for sure once I get the tires on.
You probably shouldn't need it, with your setup. With that said, it's a free way to get a little more clearance, which could be very useful if you're on some tough trails and need to turn with a tire tucked.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you planning to leave the 5100s on the lowest setting?
Im far too much of a commander noob to speculate on the rest, but seeing how i have to make a decision soon how to finish my lift, im tagging along to learn more.

with the mileage and the hemi up front I will probably start at mid setting.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Before and after. So far I like it. I probably should have used the lowest setting one the 5100's , seems a little high in the front. Need to get the alignment done. But so far so Good. I'll let everything settle in for a week or so, then get the alignment. A few in progress pics as well. No pinch mod, but I think I will do it. It's pretty tight with the 32" tires.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Before and after. So far I like it. I probably should have used the lowest setting one the 5100's , seems a little high in the front. Need to get the alignment done. But so far so Good. I'll let everything settle in for a week or so, then get the alignment. A few in progress pics as well. No pinch mod, but I think I will do it. It's pretty tight with the 32" tires.
It looks sharp, nice work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks, pain in the a$$, but glad I did it my self. I learned a lot. Thanks to my buddy for letting me use his shop. Although, I still didn't get my trail-rated badge, so I'm sure about taking off road.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts