Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FYI we have new Smilies and the WYSIWYG option is available again in your User Control Panel. Thank you Administrators.

I like this one :banana_hitit: Here are some of the others: :eek:rangehat: :sick: :cowfrown: :bowdown: and there are more if you click the "More" at the bottom of the smilies.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And also there are now some bars under the user names that I have not figured out what they mean. Something to do with seniority and recent posting activity ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
We added quite a few other new features as well, including updating to the latest version of vBulletin available. I hope you enjoy the new features, some of them are:

Active Topics - http://www.jeepcommander.com/index.php?page=active_topics

This allows you to view all the current discussions on the board at a glance, so you can be updated constantly as to what is going on. It is located in the Navbar as well, listed as "Active Topics"

We've also added the ability to post embedded youtube (and other) videos directly in threads. All you need to do is paste the URL to the video into your post and the system will do the rest, here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsqm2-e57nk

We've also added an image resizer -- You can totally change the settings for those (or disable it entirely) in your User CP. But it does prevent large images from breaking the layout of the site, and again it is totally configurable on a per user basis so you can get all of the benefits, and none of the downsides!

We've also added the vbExperience system, which provides a graph and stats based on your participation on the site. You'll see some of the more active users on the site have a higher "level" -- but fret not, the more you participate the more your level will go up. It is just another way to keep track of your usage on the site so you can see who is contributing more (or post whoring more ;))

Hope this helps!

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW ! All kinds of neat stuff ! :thanks:

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Can you explain the 3 bars in the vbExperience system graph ?

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Good news for Jeep5253, they also took out the spam decimator so now I have to go to the user file.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good news for Jeep5253, they also took out the spam decimator so now I have to go to the user file.
Ummm... Does that get me my posts back ?:stickpoke:

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
The new improvements rock! All hail the mods! :bowdown:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I like the youtupe feature very much,, I used to use in other forums,, now we should start using youtupe for videos instead of photopocket , so we can see the video in the same page.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
my bars are not full :argh: ,,,, I need to top them up :guiness:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
To the administrator, Is it possible to modify the search feather to be able to search for 3 letters words?

we have alot of such words, such as OEM, Old Man Emu, BDS, ESP, TSC, ... any many many others.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To the administrator, Is it possible to modify the search feather to be able to search for 3 letters words?

we have alot of such words, such as OEM, Old Man Emu, BDS, ESP, TSC, ... any many many others.
That would be great !

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Nice additions guys! Thanks much!!!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts