Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a Jeep Commander for several years now, never had big problems until now: the car starts but immediately the engine stops, after my garage took a look at it they found that the receiver control module is broke and needs to be replaced, the official reference is: K56053017ab ns1,
does anyone has this for sale or know where i can find this?
Thanks!
Audrey

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,199 Posts
Have you tried a Jeep dealer?

Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details.

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing

·
Registered
151 Posts
When you search, just search for 56053017. The ab on the end is just the revision number and that was superceded about 10 times over the life of the part. I made a quick search and saw lots of listings that were "out of stock, discontinued" at US parts dealers. I believe this part is the "export version" of the Wireless Control Module also called the SKREEM. The US part numbers for that part (I don't know why there are two) are below. Maybe you could substitute? I'm sure someone else knows more about this.
5026187 5026185

·
Registered
2006 Limited 4.7 Quadra-Trac II
23 Posts
Hello,
I have a Jeep Commander for several years now, never had big problems until now: the car starts but immediately the engine stops, after my garage took a look at it they found that the receiver control module is broke and needs to be replaced, the official reference is: K56053017ab ns1,
Thanks!
Audrey
Wait, so when you try to start your commander, you said it immediately cuts off? Does it almost like stumble and then cut off or does it run and then cut off?? I’ve been having a problem with mine. I’ll drive it around, go try and start it and it starts stumbling and then cuts off

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait, so when you try to start your commander, you said it immediately cuts off? Does it almost like stumble and then cut off or does it run and then cut off?? I’ve been having a problem with mine. I’ll drive it around, go try and start it and it starts stumbling and then cuts off
It runs a few seconds and then cuts of. It’s the safety modus that makes the car cut of as the key can’t connect with the receiver. The receiver is broke / damaged, therefor i’m looking for this receiver part to replace it as otherwise the car will not be able to start again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you search, just search for 56053017. The ab on the end is just the revision number and that was superceded about 10 times over the life of the part. I made a quick search and saw lots of listings that were "out of stock, discontinued" at US parts dealers. I believe this part is the "export version" of the Wireless Control Module also called the SKREEM. The US part numbers for that part (I don't know why there are two) are below. Maybe you could substitute? I'm sure someone else knows more about this.
5026187 5026185
Thans so much! Very helpful! I will check this out, thanks for the research!

·
Registered
23 Posts
It runs a few seconds and then cuts of. It’s the safety modus that makes the car cut of as the key can’t connect with the receiver. The receiver is broke / damaged, therefor i’m looking for this receiver part to replace it as otherwise the car will not be able to start again.
Yep, I’m having the EXACT same problem. My commander has been at the dealership for almost 4 weeks now and they JUST found the problem. After spending over a thousand dollars on something that wasn’t even messed up.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Hello,
Thanks!
Audrey
First it would help to know the year of your commander, for this problem, if you have it in your signature I apologize, but all the other info ask in your signature would help with other problems. Do you only have one key? If not try the other key Can you lock and unlock the doors. I sounds like the chip in the key is bad. I had this problem when my key fell out of my pocket while crossing the intersection. The fob broke at the loop that holds the key to the fob. I could open the doors but the car would shut off after 3 seconds. I had to go to a locksmith to get a new key made.

·
Registered
23 Posts
First it would help to know the year of your commander, for this problem, if you have it in your signature I apologize, but all the other info ask in your signature would help with other problems. Do you only have one key? If not try the other key Can you lock and unlock the doors. I sounds like the chip in the key is bad. I had this problem when my key fell out of my pocket while crossing the intersection. The fob broke at the loop that holds the key to the fob. I could open the doors but the car would shut off after 3 seconds. I had to go to a locksmith to get a new key made.
I could definitely see where you would think that because I did too. But I’m currently having the same problem with my 2006 with the 4.7. I have 3 keys for the car and they all do the exact same thing. I’ve spent way too much money trying to solve this repetitive problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts