Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
close to a year ago my wife wanted to trade in her cobalt for something else/better. so after some looking around and come convincing she got a 2010 jeep commander.

Click for full-size image (1023 x 764)

Click for full-size image (1023 x 764)

specs:

2010 jeep commander 4x4
3.7 v6 with eco feature

lift:
2.5in rocky road spacer lift with rocky road shocks

so im glad that i got her to get it cause we ended up transfering up to kodiak, ak so it will be perfect to drive around here and to do some camping/ moderate trail riding in.

all loaded up ready to drive

Click for full-size image (1024 x 768)

even with "THE BEAST" (as my wife calls it) completely loaded down we still got great gas mileage going thru canada and mainland ak thanks to the eco feature that drops it down to a v4 when cruising.
got kinda cold thru the yukon(ened up getting down to 4 degrees)

after we got off the ferry into ak we put the roof rack bag on

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

so after making it ak i decided to get a lift for her bday and put it on for her
got the rocky road 2.5in spacer lift with rocky road shocks. went in pretty easily with the help of my buddy colt and cj. did most of it myself while they work the colts dirt bike. it took around 8hrs to put in. '

the rear taken apart

the rear spacer put in
spacer and shock installed and bolted up

wheels back on rear completed

then we noticed that it started to snow a bit

my buddy colts cummings

so now we started to tackle the front. just gana say that the getting to the top bolts of the front struts were a pain in my ass. had to take the battery and fuse panel out, then the coolent container on the other side

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the front taken apart

had to go over to the hobby shop on base and use the spring compressor. made taking the strut apart a million times easier. but the lift comes with new bolts not new studs so it make it a pain in the ass to torque them up. but with some help from my buddys and redneck rigging we got everything on. THANK GOD!!
front strut put in

front tires going on

all on and bolted up

so it started to snow a lot more once we were done pulling it out of the garage.

the aftermath of all the work. coolant and wd40 all over the ground

so i made the wife drive the truck cause it was snowing so hard, just incase anything happened.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
had to drive 20mph and with only the fogs on so i didnt white myself out. could see more that 25ft in front of me!!! woke up this moring to this

took my HIDs off my truck and put it on the commander
my truck taken apart
i used the swith from the aux lights that i have on the back of my truck that i didnt use. and some extra wires

all bolted on
lit up

all done

so now for the comparisons
before:

after:

front before:

after:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rear before:

after:

side before:

after:

before:

after:

gana be putting hella 500s that are converted to 35w 5000k hid on the front
bumper soon. going to be takin them off my truck and putting on the commander. i dont need them now that my wife got me a 30in LED light bar!!!! :SM145::SM145:

future plans:

265/70/17 Duractacs
1.5 in spidertrax wheel spacers
K&N cold air intake
Tow Hitch
Tail Light Rock Guards

thats it for now guys let me know wat you think!!:)

·
Super Moderator
15,175 Posts
uscg2008 said:
even with "THE BEAST" (as my wife calls it) completely loaded down we still got great gas mileage going thru canada and mainland ak thanks to the eco feature that drops it down to a v4 when cruising.
I've been a member here for 6 years and that is the first time I've heard of this on the 3.7. The HEMI V8 has the MDS which shuts down 4 cylinders when cruising but nobody here has ever mentioned the 3.7 doing this. Are you sure ?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've been a member here for 6 years and that is the first time I've heard of this on the 3.7. The HEMI V8 has the MDS which shuts down 4 cylinders when cruising but nobody here has ever mentioned the 3.7 doing this. Are you sure ?
X2 never heard of that. Isn't the 3.7 v6 the "Eco" option?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well my bad guys i was under the impression that the ECO feature did that, but if it doesnt then ok. you learn something new everyday, thats why i love these forums.

thanks again guys

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. I like the transformation. My wife just caught me looking at it and said "over my dead body". lol. I am wondering if she would even notice if I got this done when I get the struts replaced. hmmmmm.

·
Registered
301 Posts
well my bad guys i was under the impression that the ECO feature did that, but if it doesnt then ok. you learn something new everyday, thats why i love these forums.

thanks again guys
What is the Eco feature you're talking about? Is it a button or lever?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no there is no button when you are driving down the road and are just cruising a light turns on saying ECO. i figured it was like most other vehicles that it meant either it dropped down to less cylinders or something like that.... its a 2010 anyone elses do this?

·
Super Moderator
15,175 Posts
no there is no button when you are driving down the road and are just cruising a light turns on saying ECO. i figured it was like most other vehicles that it meant either it dropped down to less cylinders or something like that.... its a 2010 anyone elses do this?
Maybe the 2010 3.7's do it. But it doesn't show up on the features of any of the model years. I would think that would be a big enough deal to be featured. --->http://www.xkjeeps.com/

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:dunno:ya idk i just figured it did like i said right in the middle of the tach and speedo it pops up when just cruising and it will pop up even if i dont have the cruise control on.....

·
Registered
244 Posts
I agree it would be a big deal. I do not have it on my 08 4.7 Limited. It would be great to have.

·
Registered
45 Posts
On the Jeep Liberty forums, I've seen reference to an ECO light which illuminates when the 2010 3.7L is driven in a manner which is conducive to good gas mileage. I imagine it would be simple to bring the same indicator light into the Commanders with the same drivetrain.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On the Jeep Liberty forums, I've seen reference to an ECO light which illuminates when the 2010 3.7L is driven in a manner which is conducive to good gas mileage. I imagine it would be simple to bring the same indicator light into the Commanders with the same drivetrain.
hmmmm thats probably it!!! thanks for the help

·
Registered
321 Posts
i agree with oxyeleotris. I know a couple new motorcycles have that feature where the eco pops up when your driving. it justs means your not pushing your car too hard or slow lol. your basically getting optimal gas mileage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so i decided to be a nice husband and wash the commander while i was on duty Saturday. it had been a while and the sides were caked wike rode grime and salt. this is where i was my it....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts