Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been doing a little research on 2006-08 commanders as i'm considering purchasing one. i've test driven one a few times and do like them. i previously owned an older grand cherokee and ready to back to jeep and sell my pathfinder. questions: are there known issues with any of the '06, '07, or '08 limited 4x4 models with the 4.7L engine? issues with quadra-trac or quardra-drive? i have read that the commander ranks low in reliability in the jd power surveys, but it seems the rankings are much higher in the owner surveys. as such, my though is to get an after-market warranty with any commander i purchase. any thoughts, suggestions, recommendations, and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
I purchased mine new 2.5 years ago, and i have had zero problems. I went through two recalls, one for the third row seat belts and one for the anti-lock brakes. Both times fixed flawlessly. I printed the TSB's from this web site and performed one my self, and had the dealer fix one (leaky sunroof). I replaced the temperature control module (under warrenty) because the illumination lights went out. They are part of the circuit board and can't be replaced. Pick any subject on this site - you will not find much negativity. I do not know how JD Power gets their info, but I think it is a lot of bunk! Good luck.:eek:rangehat:

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I purchased mine new 2.5 years ago, and i have had zero problems. I went through two recalls, one for the third row seat belts and one for the anti-lock brakes. Both times fixed flawlessly. I printed the TSB's from this web site and performed one my self, and had the dealer fix one (leaky sunroof). I replaced the temperature control module (under warrenty) because the illumination lights went out. They are part of the circuit board and can't be replaced. Pick any subject on this site - you will not find much negativity. I do not know how JD Power gets their info, but I think it is a lot of bunk! Good luck.:eek:rangehat:
I wouldn't call that "zero problems".

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I too have owned mine for over two years with no problems that caused me any concern.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I just went pass two years in December and no problems to report. The minor ones were all fixed up warranty. I think that dhh3 covered all of those. I say get the extended warranty and have fun with it.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I bought my 07 used in Jan 2008 with about 23,000 on it at the time and have about 56,000 on it now. No problems to report at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts