Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FREE Used Parts

I have a 2009 Jeep Commander Sport 2wd 3.7L V6.

I just replaced my entire front shock/spring assembly and lower a-arms. I am in Pearland, TX, and I am just wanting to find out if anyone is interested in the used shock/spring assemblies and/or the lower a-arms?

If you are in or around Houston so that we can meet and I don't have to ship, then just let me know. I don't want to ship, because I know it costs about $80 to ship the a-arms due to their weight and size alone.

PM me if interested.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
How many miles on them? And why did you replace them?

Honestly, I think most folks will NOT take a chance on used suspension parts that need to be replaced when worn out. True they could still have some useable life in them, but if you're going to do the job, its worth doing it with new parts and that will be all the longer before you need to do it again.

If the parts are cheap enough, perhaps its worth it for someone that wants to build up new struts and rebuild the LCA's for a quick swap out on their vehicle, is a possibility.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The parts have 150K miles on them, which is why I replaced them - didn't have any issues. I would never expect anyone to buy used suspension parts and just bolt them up to their vehicle, because I would never do that.

However, there a few reasons someone may want the parts:

1. You could replace the bushings and ball joint on the control arms and use them. The ball joints are actually still good, but there was some noticeable wear on the bushings.

2. You could just want the shock mounts to build your spring/shock assemblies beforehand, so that the install takes less time.

3. If you are putting a vehicle back to stock.

#2 applies to me and so would #1, if I have found used a-arms.

Either way, I am not looking to make any real money off this stuff, because it is used. Hell, I would let all this stuff go for about $50.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Yea, that was kinda my point, only two uses for them.

Someone that can't afford new parts, and have blown suspension parts, and they would have to be doing the labor themselves, at least worn suspension parts are better than blown/damaged suspension parts. Obviously if you're paying someone to install them, the labor itself would far exceed the price difference in new/used parts.

Someone want the used parts to scavenge the parts for rebuild and re-use in their own vehicle with new parts. Like you said the LCA's are rebuildable, its simply offered as an entire unit because its cheaper than paying a mechanic to rebuild it for you. Thus you could save money rebuilding the LCA's yourself, without having to have your vehicle up on blocks with the LCA's out as you rebuild them.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL, Mongo. We're on the same page.

Anyone that needs them, make me an offer.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If someone in the Houston area, or willing to come to the Houston area wants these parts, they are now free for the next week. After next week, I will be forced to put them out on the curb. I'd rather someone take them.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And, they're gone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts