Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the answer is no... but I will ask...:confused:

Is there any way of adding user defined Points of Interest (POI) to the SatNav?

I am guessing it would mean dumping the DVD, amending something then recutting it. I cannot find anything on the internet.

In Europe, there are a large number of speed/revenue cameras (sorry "safety" cameras.) Also I will be converting to LPG and so I need to know where the LPG stations are located.

All this POI information is available for download from the internet. However, my only current solution is to buy an aftermarket SatNav for GBP 300 and update that.

Yes I know... two SatNAvs in the car :eek: , but the factory one is not much use to me - it does not come with "Eastern" (we are actually in Central Europe), and NavTec will not supply the maps direct - it is up to DC to supply, and that will probably cost a few hundred dollars anyway, if and when DC even get around to releasing an update.

Pieter
Budapest

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
You can add locations to a list of places but as far as points on the map I don't think so.

I am guessing that Navteq doesn't release updates directly to you because they don't want to deal with other currencies. However they supposedly update their discs once a year. However once those updates come out they are about a year old so if you live in an area that is undergoing rapid development some things may be incorrect or missing.

·
Registered
556 Posts
hazzah said:
I think the answer is no... but I will ask...:confused:

Is there any way of adding user defined Points of Interest (POI) to the SatNav?

I am guessing it would mean dumping the DVD, amending something then recutting it. I cannot find anything on the internet.

In Europe, there are a large number of speed/revenue cameras (sorry "safety" cameras.) Also I will be converting to LPG and so I need to know where the LPG stations are located.

All this POI information is available for download from the internet. However, my only current solution is to buy an aftermarket SatNav for GBP 300 and update that.

Yes I know... two SatNAvs in the car :eek: , but the factory one is not much use to me - it does not come with "Eastern" (we are actually in Central Europe), and NavTec will not supply the maps direct - it is up to DC to supply, and that will probably cost a few hundred dollars anyway, if and when DC even get around to releasing an update.

Pieter
Budapest
Good luck on marking the cameras. I tried that on another nav system and they still sending me tickets;) Word had it that they are somehow installing these cameras in the gaurd rail now. Or slowly switching to that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Hazzah,
do you solved your problem?
I want to convert to lpg, too and need the poi´s of the lpg-station on the map.
thx
Matthias

1 - 4 of 4 Posts