Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about changing cooler lines a shop says are leaking and want $550 to replace. Doing some searching looks like just a matter of cutting the crappy oem crimp clamp off and replacing the hose if it looks bad and securing with hose clamps. Am I right?

Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thinking about changing cooler lines a shop says are leaking and want $550 to replace. Doing some searching looks like just a matter of cutting the crappy oem crimp clamp off and replacing the hose if it looks bad and securing with hose clamps. Am I right?

Thanks
Yes you can do that... I've done it on many vehicles over the years and never had a leak. Just make sure to use fuel line or hoses that can handle trans fluid and good clamps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did it, I cut the oem clamps with a dremel and replaced the hoses with new transmission cooler lines I cut to length from bulk line from a shop,worked perfectly. At first I was going to try to save the old lines but it’s a lot easier to cut the clamps without worrying about hurting the lines. Hope this can help someone else ,all said and done the hose clamps and bulk line was $15.

·
Administrator
6,288 Posts
I did it, I cut the oem clamps with a dremel and replaced the hoses with new transmission cooler lines I cut to length from bulk line from a shop,worked perfectly. At first I was going to try to save the old lines but it’s a lot easier to cut the clamps without worrying about hurting the lines. Hope this can help someone else ,all said and done the hose clamps and bulk line was $15.
Good information @synapse46; thanks for sharing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts