Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whay's up. I have 06 commander 65th edition and purchased entire interior from 06 limited.Without changing the entire wiring harness, I want to get passenger seat power (I don't have a service manual or cd-rom). I also want to hook up the dvd player in console/overhead and smart mirror blue tooth to function with the navigational radio.Radio was a breeze to install(just waiting for my nav. antenna). Any help would be great. Tryin to put the puzzle together.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
If you have the harness, I would use it. It makes the whole thing a lot easier. Here's a similar request but just for seats. http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11797#post11797

The parts you want to hook up are fairly easy. Did you get the hands free module? Basically the wires go from the hands free module to the radio and the mirror, there's about 5 wires to the module, I'll see if I can dig up the schematic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the harness. There is one large and 2 smaller harnesses. I don't want to take the entire interior out of the car to install the harness. If there is a way to do it I will take a shot. But for me to try to match up and trace wires it is not worth it. I don't think it is as easy as plugging up. A lot of alike plugs fit to one component. Such as the dvd player. By the way I am the one with the seat problem. I can't believe that a power supply won't get it going. What do you think? Any easy fixes? Thanks for replying

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To have the heated seats I would need to change the entire heating control panel(I have this piece) because the controls are on that panel and not the seat.You probably knew that.
I don't think I can install that unless I have a dual heating system in my vehicle.
So I guess I would be happy if I could jump a feed from my in dash power supply or fuse box directly to the seat. I am hoping I could identify the hot and the return. Then I believe I am in business.
I also have the factory console/roof mounted dvd player and I need a schematic and wiring diagram. Thanks for replying

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, by the way, yes I have all the panels except for the one below the sterring wheel and the glove box.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I lease and plan to buy. The lease for a limited was crazy compared to what I lease for. But it definitely is a bit of as head ache.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I would think adding factory options you could run into all kinds of issues with relays and such not to mention any modification to the computer.

I bought a factory Navus GPS unit that sits on the dash. It was out of a wrecked Caliber so it was nearly new. The wire harness had been cut so installing it was not as easy as plugging it in. I had an electronics guy figure out what wire went to what. Two of them went to the computer. I had to splice them all in to the radio harness but as soon as I did and powered it up it turned on and started working.

I guess my point is the electronics on the Commander "talk" to the computer along with many of the electronic accesories. It is not as easy as just taking a hot and netural wire and splicing them in anymore.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Your'e doing all this on a leased vehicle??

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Yes, all the modules talk to each other and if there's one missing or an extra one that wasn't there, the system knows. You can't avoid it, that's the CAN system. So are people gonna stop customizing, not a chance. Just like they do for aftermarket radio's and extra components on Police units, someone comes up with a box to bypass it or trick it. If you follow the schematics running all the wires where they would go from the factory, the worst you'll get is a no communication fault with module or it sees an extra module and you get the option added into the system at the dealer with a StarScan. That's one plus for the CAN system, you can turn on some options just by telling it to.

·
Registered
527 Posts
inocenza said:
Is that pic you??????? LOL
Yep, from a school I went to about 7 years ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts