Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you prefer? The in-channel vent shades or the ones that go around the window?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I have in in-channel and I like them, it would be nice if the rear door cover was a full cover but it looks okay to me.

·
Registered
473 Posts
i have the stick on from jeep. about $80. they look good but i probablycould have got them cheaper somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I like the clean look of the in-channel but doesn't the part that goes in the channel make it tight for the glass to seat? Saw on ebay a seller in the Grand Cherokee WK section selling stainless steel or was it chrome, anyway I emailed them and they said they can get them for the Commander for $119. Don't have the email anymore though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I went with the stick on, as I dont have any auto up window issues. (sometimes the window with hit the vent in the channel and cause an auto down situation).

Also with the stick on you can adjust a little higher or lower to suit your taste. I bought mine off Ebay. for about 65.00

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I have the in-channel because I had sticking stuff to the outside. Mine were $50 or so from Checker auto parts. They do make the windows tight, but after awhile its no biggie. Sometimes the autowindow safety thing stops it, but its not hard to put back up. Only happened in the first week or so.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Stick On - had mine installed by dealer before taking delivery. Had in-channel on my RR and they seemed to often interfere with the auto-up. Also look better since the rear covers the entire two part window.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts