Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up my Commander, it didn't have any headphones for the VES. I don't have kids, and figured I didn't much care, but at some point I'd pick up some headphones just to have the option. I'm going to be camping in the Jeep this weekend and figured I'd open up the option to watch a movie if it's raining, so I picked up a set of
IR headphones and tested them out. Playing a CD, the sound quality is pretty poor, but sounds more like a bit rate problem than poor quality headphones.

The question is, with the factory VES headphones, is the audio quality that good over the IR system and I just have bad headphones, or is the transmitter in the VES just of poor quality? I was going to pick up the OEM headphones right off the bat, but put off the purchase too long and shipping would have taken too long, so I opted for the Amazon Prime option!

·
1,993 Posts
I don't remember what they sound like anymore but my kids use them. They haven't complained which means they work well because my kids are picky LOL I do know if you lean forward just a tad it seems like the signal gets lost. I had one OEM and one off amazon. I think I have both OEM ones with this XK if no one replies with better info I'll go try them out when I get a chance later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts