Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've read the manual, and can't figure out how to play a DVD in back for my 2 year old, but listen to music through the speakers! (he doesn't mind no sound as long as he can see Big Bird!) is there a way to do both? I know in my inlaws Nitro it's possible. By the way I have factory nav with the seperate ves player in the back. Thanks in advance!
Doug

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
What model system do you have? in the '06 you can insert the DVD in the player and the sound comes out the speakers unless you set it to use the headphones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
To play the back-seat DVD player just turn on the power and pop in a disc. What sound comes out of your speakers depends on which MODE (CD-SAT-VES) you select on the head unit. The MODE (sound from your speakers) and the DVD Player is independent. So, if you're playing a DVD and you select VES MODE you will be listening to that DVD, but if you select CD MODE then you will be listening to music through your speakers while the DVD is playing with no sound.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
What 49er said u will need headphones for your child if you wnat to listen to something different. and welcome to the forum, U to pattrick

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have found that when I turn on the radio or satellite, whatever video is in the DVD player continues to play on the screen even if I am listening to something else through the speakers. So you should be able to just play your music and your little one will continue to see big bird moving on the screen.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have found that when I turn on the radio or satellite, whatever video is in the DVD player continues to play on the screen even if I am listening to something else through the speakers. So you should be able to just play your music and your little one will continue to see big bird moving on the screen.
Yes that's how ours works ....

with some burnt CD's that have a long pause between music, the DVD sounds kicks in for a second or two ...

took me a while to figure that out :) ... kept hearing odd sounds between tracks and realized a Sponge Bob DVD was playing in the back the whole time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts