Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a Viair 350c air compressor the other day. Thought I would show a few pics of the install. I did not install an air tank at this point, thought I would see how this would work first.

·
2,248 Posts
Interesting place to install it. Good job, I like the quick disconnect in the side panel. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Glad to see new ideas.

·
Registered
233 Posts
looks great.. that's another good way to install ..
thank you for sharing ^^

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
that's pretty sweet! Looks like I found a new project. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
That's a nice install, but the only concern I would have is that the part where the hose connects into the pump itself usually gets really hot. Is it touching any of the plastic?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a nice install, but the only concern I would have is that the part where the hose connects into the pump itself usually gets really hot. Is it touching any of the plastic?

Thanks guys. I installed it in the back of the XK so it would be protected from weather, specialy up here. I cut at least 1" of extra plastic around the compressor away so that it would not touch the compressor, because you are right those things get very hot. So far no issues. Might have to remove the rear tool cover when in operation for longer than 15 minutes or so.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Great job, I thought about one with an external connection, but the elements might mess with that idea.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did a trail today with some other Jeepers.......... I will not go into detail, however had a chance to use the compressor afterwards. To air up 4 tires from 17psi back up to 47psi took only 20 minutes. The compressor ran constantly with no pauses, fantastic.
Having a good chuckle here as I am posting cause there is an add for SunPerformance constantly flashing at me.........oops

·
Registered
807 Posts
well done. I like it!
i was too wondering about the heat issue. the one i have similar to yours gets pretty hot after a while. I like your setup.

·
Registered
419 Posts
That's pretty slick! I've got my ViAir compressor smuggled under the hood with some A-1 bailing wire. It's, um, not nearly as nice.

As another option, my dad has his hooked up to a pancake tank tucked into his spare tire on the 4xGuard WK, which works really well, too. He calls it the Stealth onboard air system.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
He moved it back behind the windsheild washer tank and created a snorkle to avoid sucking water at the front.

Robby is working on getting your stuff sent and it still looks like we are going to ship to the Kingdom soon also. I will get there my friend.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
He moved it back behind the windsheild washer tank and created a snorkle to avoid sucking water at the front.

Robby is working on getting your stuff sent and it still looks like we are going to ship to the Kingdom soon also. I will get there my friend.
Good Then I will see you in Saudi, when that is expected?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts